Project Buyer / Supply Chain Coordinator Engineering
Project Buyer / Supply Chain – Engineering (RP1030-TJ)
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
£26K - £30K Basic + Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits
My client is a market leader in the design, development and production of specialist engineered solutions utilised across a wide range of industry sectors.
With extensive experience within their field, they have developed a fantastic reputation for providing high quality, reliable products and an outstanding service to its customers.
They offer a fast paced, dynamic working environment which provides regular new challenges.
As a Project Buyer you will be responsible for:-
- Managing, planning and coordinating all aspects of the sourcing, purchasing and materials control activities within your given projects.
- Ensuring full traceability of all materials and components are maintained and documented, this includes all stainless steels, brought-out-items and sub-assemblies.
- Building on the CI culture to deliver ongoing and sustainable improvements to the supply chain.
- Developing strategic relationships with key suppliers.
- Supporting on the selection of preferred suppliers and partners across the UK and overseas.
- Establishing and maintaining a supplier development programme for key suppliers, to ensure optimal performance in all aspects of the supply chain including delivery performance, lead-time, inventory, cost and quality.
- Monitoring and maintaining accurate information on supplier performance to support continuous improvement activities and the decision making process.
- Providing commercial input in to all purchasing and supply activities including negotiation of costs, T&C’s and delivery time.
- Establishing and maintaining a cost and performance focus in all procurement activities developing a ‘total cost’ culture opposed to just focusing on ‘lowest price’.
- IT literate and comfortable using MS Office.
- Technically minded.
- A confident communicator and strong negotiator.
- A positive attitude that can remain calm under pressure.
- Commercially driven and astute.