Sales Executive / Business Development Executive
This Sales Executive / Business Development Executive role is based in Central London within an IT Services company. Salary Range: To £35,000 Base / To £52,000 OTE + Benefits
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE, AS OUR CLIENT WILL NOT CONSIDER YOU:
- 1 years post-grad experience in sales
- Enthusiasm, passion and confidence to do undertake a technical IT sales role
- Fantastic relationship building skills and confidence to deal with senior clients
- Smart appearance and articulate, excellent spoken and written English
About our Client
Our client is a growing, fast-paced and successful IT services and software company, which is headquartered in London as well as having offices in the USA and Australia and employs 200+ professionals worldwide.
They offer a range of IT services/products, including: IT Managed Services, Cloud Solutions and Consulting.
About the Role
Fantastic opportunity for you to catapult your career into technical IT sales. Your existing post-graduation B2B sales experience will be developed when you join this growing and successful IT services and software company as a Sales Executive in London. You will receive comprehensive training in selling solutions for a range of services and products, including IT Managed Services, Cloud Solutions and Consulting.
You must be a bright and enthusiastic graduate with c1 years B2B sales experience; which can have been gained in any field, and you should have a keen interest in IT to assist you in selling a portfolio of IT products and services.
Working alongside your mentor/s in the sales team, you will create opportunities and leads as well as manage a small customer base.
Ability to manage and work with customers on sales /additional sales. This will include following-up on warm leads as well as some cold calling. Previous internal sales or telesales or desk-based sales experience is essential, in order for you to be considered.
This is a real opportunity to move into field sales or account management within a year where you will have the opportunity of earning £70K on target earnings in your second year!
- Managing incremental orders from existing customers from initial enquiry through to contract and be the main point of contact
- Speaking to clients and prospective clients, generating leads on a daily basis, (you will need to sound confident and assured on the telephone and face to face)
- Upholding the highest standards of professionalism and integrity in all interactions with customers
- Taking personal responsibility for fully understanding their propositions
- As part of the Direct Sales Team, you will be expected to plan, prioritise and manage activities to achieve monthly business target
- Updating CRM at all times with the status of all owned deals in the pipeline
- Ideally you will have experience of CRM, but training can be given, if required
- Ability to set and manage customer expectations and follow through as needed
- Making appointments with business customers for the Sales Account Managers and Business Development Managers.
Essential skills and experience required:
- 1+ years working in a business-to-business sales environment
- Quick learner with an interest in technical IT sales
- Ability and desire to generate leads
- Resilience and hard working to get the results for the team
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Confidence and a determined approach
- High degree of self-motivation and drive
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- IT literate – experience of Microsoft Office suite