ICT Technician - Education Managed Service Provider
Calling all IT Technicians and Engineers with experience supporting Schools and Colleges! GreatFind Recruitment is current working with an IT Services provider in search for a new IT Technician to join their team. They currently work heavily in the Education sector, servicing a number of schools, colleges and trusts in the UK. They are a reputable brand and they also provide a great work environment, with the team being made up of senior and trainee technicians - the perfect opportunity for the right candidate to learn and grown into the role. This is a full-time opportunity to work on-site within clients, company vehicle will be provided and full driving licence is required.
Candidates with previous experience in a technical IT support roles will be of interest to our client, particularly those who have a background within the education sector.
Reporting to the company director and on-site decision makers, you will be:
- Installing and monitoring classroom equipment, ensuring efficient maintenance schedules, warranty logs and repair arrangements
- Ensuring licensing checks are carried out according to service level agreements
- Providing advice, support and handover information to clients and when required, pupils on-site
- Creating bespoke database packages for schools to suit their specific requirements and when required and taking part in managing those databases
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers and support in relation to complex client issues
- Supporting clients and staff with new product demonstrations and training (hardware and software)
- Creating backups on-site for clients and managing security measures and protection protocols for internet browsing
- Basic scheduled maintenance to audio visual equipment
- Fault finding with peripherals, remote 1st and 2nd line support
- Server and network management both on and off-site
- Knowledge and experience of Windows servers 2003-2012 R2
- Strong MS Office experience
- Comfortable using all versions of Windows
- An understanding / experience with Network Security Technologies
- Hyper V / VM ware, Active Directory, Group Policy Management, DNS Configuration, DCHP Configuration and WSUS Management knowledge is important for the role
- Any additional practical experience with WSUS Management, MDT / WDS capture and Antivirus knowledge, particularly McAfee / Sophos would be an advantage
- Further knowledge of iPad Deployment Solutions and Apple Network Configuration would also be of interest
- Friendly, approachable and a good communicator, capable of adapting communications between decision makers and pupils
- Highly organised, dedicated and focused on the task at hand, in order to minimise inconveniences for clients
- Willing to work with teaching staff to deliver training and product / service information
- Good Health and Safety awareness, especially when carrying out duties on-site
- Comfortable working alongside children and part-taking in pupil discussions and interaction
Benefits include a competitive salary and a company vehicle.
Does this sound like your next career choice? APPLY TODAY! Our client takes great pride in supporting the development of their staff and providing as friendly and supportive working environment. They are prepared to offer a competitive starting salary with plenty of opportunities to work on new and exciting projects as their client base grows from strength to strength.
Apply directly to the advert to submit your application for the role. A DBS check may be required prior to the successful candidates starting date. GreatFind Recruitment is acting as a recruitment partner in relation to the role and is an equal opportunities provider.