Senior Product Manager, Managed Services, Analytics
We have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Senior Product Manager - Analytics to join our client based in London’s Canary Wharf. Our client is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage.
Reporting to the Managed Services Product Management team, this role supports expansion of Managed Services into Analytics area.
The candidate will be responsible for managing the launch of Velocity Analytics proposition as a fully hosted and managed service and subsequently act as a global product owner for it. It will require close interaction with business, service, transition and architecture teams inside Managed Services organization, Velocity Analytics product team as well as other teams involved in delivering and managing the proposition.
This role is responsible to deliver the product (and all subsequent releases) of the proposition from early stages of idea generation, qualification and evaluation alongside business team all the way through implementation finishing with financial performance management. The role is also supporting client facing functions such as product presentations, escalation management and project management.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Develop a detailed understanding of this product Managed Service and hosting in general.
- Deliver and manage overall product offering from inception through to launch, as well as ongoing post launch enhancements against business requirements, and against defined timelines
- Deliver product variants based on analytics core capabilities (e.g. real-time processing, Surveillance, Transaction Costs Analysis, new feed and storage options)
- Convert customer / business requirements into Proposition/Service requirements that can be articulated to architecture, support and release teams and other delivery teams outside of Managed Services
- Create and maintain process workflows - including (but not limited to) how to source hardware and software, how to build and manage the software components, how to provide post installation support, how to manage updates and upgrades, how to manage break fix situations
- Define and manage processes relating to customer enhancements such
- new analytics (e.g. customer or professional-services provided)
- content enhancement (e.g. reference data, derived data, 3rd party feeds, historical data)
- Create and manage the Proposition/Service roadmap from launch through to EOL
- Interaction with Service organization - define and agree service levels, service model, resource levels
- Interaction with Admin organization - define and agree admin mode, Complete admin set-up, e.g.; PLIs, GPN, Permissions manual, etc.
- Interaction with 3rd party organizations (primarily CenturyLink and CJC) - define and agree role of 3rd party in delivery chain, admin processes, service model (with Service team), commercial discussions (where appropriate).
- Interaction with other business divisions/proposition owners and product owners - define and agree proposition / Service delivery plan with proposition owner and product owner (for products inside and outside of product remit), closely work with respective teams during all stages of the proposition / service launch.
- Interface with the commercial policy groups and prepare commercial templates
- Overall management of regional/global Proposition/Service launch
- Manage launch resources (working with Project Manager)
- Prepare and maintain detailed Proposition/Service documentation
- Provide Proposition/Service support
- Train Managed Services Champions and Managed Services on-boarding Managers.
- Maintain and update Customer Connect, Product A-Z, etc.
- Continually review technology and proposition/product enhancements
- Experience of analytics infrastructure and services, e.g. infrastructure providing feeds and access for analytics or big data systems such as DeltaStream, OneTick, KDB, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience of market data, e.g. extensive knowledge of asset classes, exchange/field normalisation, filters, content entitlement, bar data, VWAP, corporate actions, futures contracts, etc.
- Proven track record in specifying high-quality products for a demanding customer base
- Experience in dealing with large financial institutions in respect to complex and multi-facet solutions
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels and work effectively with customers, business, service and technology stakeholders
- Demonstrable ability to build key relationships across business divisions and product delivery groups
- Drive, initiative, structured thinking, problem solving and decision making and the ability to work unsupervised
- Organization, verbal and written communication skills - both verbal and written (English).
- Team player, able to work under pressure and within global virtual team
- Must be capable of managing many Propositions/Services and projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment
- Product Management experience in Financial Analytics or Managed Services
- Previous knowledge of data Centre and/or network operations
- Experience creating complete detailed plans for complex projects
- Analytics Pre-Sales experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree preferred.
Masters Recruitment Ltd