Territory Sales Manager
This is an amazing opportunity to join a premium branded consumer goods business who have a strong customer base already established worldwide and in the UK within the consumer DIY multiple and independent retail customer base.
Our client, DuluxGroup, are a manufacturer and marketer of products that protect, maintain and enhance.
DuluxGroup help consumers to imagine and create better places and spaces in which to live and work. They do this by applying knowledge, quality, innovation and inspiration.
From household rooms transformed by the latest designer colours, to the ripe tomatoes in the garden, to the latest in garage door design and technology, to the industrial coatings that protect landmark infrastructure such as bridges and the construction chemicals that reinforce them; DuluxGroup products are at work. Our brands have been woven into the fabric of the communities where they operate, helping consumers to live better and more comfortable lives.
DuluxGroup employs approximately 4,000 people worldwide, with their global HQ in Australia - their products are #1 in all markets in which they operate. Due to their recent acquirement of one of the oldest established paint manufacturers in the UK, they now have a requirement to recruit a team of Territory Sales Managers to be field based. This role is covering East London and Kent
As Territory Sales Manager, you will be responsible for managing the relationships of an already defined customer base of multiple retailers within the consumer DIY space. You will maximise profitability and return on investment for the business and achievement of agreed financial targets for your brands and territory.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Servicing and growing the nominated customers in accordance with set itineraries and objectives developed with sales management in an autonomous environment.
- Pro-active contribution to team and communication to key stakeholders.
- Achievement of gross margin/primary profit budget by store and within individual sales territory.
- Achievement of store sales targets including the overall product mix for identified key products.
- In-store consumer research conducted, utilising analysis tools and scanned sales to identify ROI opportunities.
- Ensure store staff members have 100% awareness, ownership and knowledge of the exclusive product range and brand offering.
- Drive in store activity and brand awareness through staff training, product demonstrations and events.
- Build strong and effective relationships with key decision makers at all levels across the serviced channels.
- Maintain the businesses merchandising standards in store.
- Ensure all activities are conducted in line with the company standards and safety charter.
The successful Territory Sales Manager will have the following demonstrable skills and will be based East London /North Kent:
- Proven track record of account management and business development of existing business within the FMCG and consumer DIY sector's.
- Experience of field based sales, managing a retailer customer base, major national multiple retailers and/or independent stores.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships, with confidence in staff training and presenting both internally and externally at all levels.
- Exceptional communication skills; verbal, written and listening.
- Results orientated, process driven and a team player.
- Analytical thinking with the ability to understand and interpret data.
- Creative thinker and a proactive approach with ability to translate into deliverables and outcomes.
- Ability to manage different approaches and actions with a strong performance drive for success in a fast-paced setting.
- A motivated, professional and enthusiastic approach to relationship management and business development is a pre-requisite.
- You're ambitious and competitive, but you never sacrifice integrity to provide customer service, nurture relationships or win business.
- A strong work ethic without sacrificing your ability to have enjoyment on the job.
- Full UK driving licence with experience of managing a defined geographical area.
- Degree educated would be beneficial but not essential.
As expected from a market leading business, the Territory Sales Manager will benefit from a competitive base salary with car/car allowance and benefits package.