Project Coordinator - IT & Audio Visual
Project Coordinator / Junior Project Manager - (IT & Audio Visual)
A Project Coordinator / Junior Project Manager is needed to join an exciting tech business that specialises in delivering first-class Audio Visual (AV) and Information Communication Technology (ICT) to organisations based in the West Midlands and the South East.
Joining as a Project Coordinator you will take complete ownership across a number of projects from start to finish, responsible for the complete project lifecycle expect to manage, budgets, costs, planning, quality, client services and more. Project Coordinators are the people who make things happen and remove road blocks for their Engineers and Service Team so they can complete the job they're supposed too. Ultimately, ensuring a great working environment & happy engineers, suitable for the project in hand.
In more detail the Project Coordinator / Junior Project Manager will:
- Ensure small to mid-sized projects are delivered on time and to budget;
- Ensure teams are well prepared and equipped to go to site;
- Track costs – time and materials;
- Ensure project documentation (project plans, equipment schedules) are kept up-to-date;
- Keep clients happy;
- Promote their brand and values on site;
- Provide positive and constructive client /team feedback and share with the leadership team.
The Project Coordinator / Junior Project Manager will demonstrate:
- Experience in previous project coordination / management role would be beneficial. Alternatively exposure to or experience in similar roles or on project teams where you've had to demonstrate the above behavioural competencies to a high level;
- Excellent written skills – previous experience in project documentation, proposal, quote, bid writing would be beneficial;
- Experienced in multi-tasking and prioritising workload / resource;
- Experience in a client facing role – managing expectations of key clients and other stakeholders;
- Experience in being able to break bad news to high profile project stakeholders when things (occasionally) don't go to plan;
- The drive to achieve overall project objectives, escalating information and issues as required;
- Ideally some knowledge and experience in the world of AV / Audio-Visual technologies;
- A Full UK Driving Licence.
- Common sense – sounds like a simple one, but its key to the success of the role! Can you make good decisions that benefit the client, the team and the business as a whole?
- You are self-motivated / on-the-job learner (not afraid to be thrown in at the deep end at times!);
- You're quick to learn and pick up new principles, tools and methods;
- You will be incredibly organised – demonstrating the ability to prioritise your personal workload and the resources required to complete projects;
- Fantastic communication skills – both with fellow team members and clients when things are going well and when things don't go to plan and need adult conversations!;
- The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure when required;
- The ability to manage client expectations at every stage of a project;
- You are highly detail focused, capable of logically approaching situations and adapting to situations onsite as they arise;
- Flexibility - you will visit clients across the country– you will sometimes be required to work away from home depending on where the project is and the duration. You may be expected to be away from home / Birmingham on average 20% of the time / 1 day & night a week – this could be more or less, but is subject to project length and location, therefore requires someone who is flexible on this. This role will be based across the Midlands and South East.
If you think you've got what it takes, even if you don't have ALL of the skills listed (but you're a fast learner) we would love to hear from you.
Joining a team of talented, bright and highly enthusiastic people the Project Coordinator / Junior Project Manager should expect exciting ‘world projects', a competitive salary, the opportunity to work with (and play with!) the very latest technology, the chance to have an impact on the company's growth and evolution plus much much more. Get in touch.
IMPORTANT: You will only be considered for this vacancy if you complete the short application form on the Guru Careers website...