Senior Branch Manager
At Skipton Building Society, with no shareholders to please, we put people first. That’s why, to our customers, we’re trusted helpers whose guidance always comes with a personal touch. And that’s why, to keep customers happy now and in the future, we’ve opened a groundbreaking new branch in Guildford. Enticing, appealing, comfortable – it’s a new concept in financial services customer care. It’s all about making people feel at home and providing the space for meaningful conversations and trusted relationships to flourish.Package description
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Cover
- 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
- SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
- Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
- Childcare vouchers
- Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
- An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
- Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
- Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Eye Tests
- Car Allowance – if applicable to role
- More senior roles also offer access to group income protection and private medical care
As Guilford’s Senior Branch Manager, it will be your chance to shape Skipton Building Society for years to come – your input, ideas and feedback will help us refine our future model of customer care, which in turn, will drive our success. Naturally, this is a role for a dynamic, charismatic manager with solid financial services experience – and all the necessary flair, energy and enthusiasm to be the face of a bold new way of doing business. So, as well as managing people, risk controls, resources, and the business, you’ll be hands-on, out front, sitting down with customers, bringing them a cuppa and your wealth of financial expertise.Ideal candidate
With a proven track record in successfully managing all the conflicting priorities of a busy branch – you’ll also be an excellent listener and people person, who genuinely cares. Outgoing, warm and friendly, you’ll be highly self-aware too, and have the ability to step back, see the bigger picture and learn on the job to continually refine the customer service model. So there’ll be the potential for all kinds of change – which you’ll be able to manage and adapt to easily, as you motivate your team, run the branch and provide a genuinely helpful service our customers can trust.
It’s your opportunity to make a huge impact in a warm, welcoming business with a supportive culture – and a bold vision for the future that you’ll have a hand in realising. So join us, you’ll feel at home in no time. And you’ll be challenged, motivated and inspired to offer groundbreaking customer service, from which you’ll reap great rewards.About the company
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.