Programme / Project Manager - Renewables
7 days left
- Full Time
Programme / Project Manager - Renewables - Spider. The region`s Fixed Fee Web Recruitment Company are pleased to be supporting a finance company based in Chittering near Cambridge with the search for a Programme / Project Manager to join their team. With decades of combined experience in both agriculture and asset finance, they understand the needs of their customers and utilise their expertise to provide effective funding strategies for clients and projects of all sizes.
As Programme Manager the key focus of this role is to undertake programme management monitoring, report and oversee third party stage sign off on the construction of multiple concurrent projects in the renewable Energy Sector to include waste to energy, biomethane, CHP, biomass boilers plus other commercial renewable energy projects.
Responsibilities and key duties include:
- Undertake overview of pre-project technical due diligence including planning permissions, pre accreditations, grid connections and subsidies of qualification rates.
- Ensure that the correct authorisations and technical Due Diligence are in place on each project
- Monitor, report and oversee third party sign off for milestone payments
- Maintain and enhance programme processes
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition to full plant performance
- Undertake performance improvement of projects/installations
- Maintain up to date data, knowledge of all relevant government subsidies for renewable energy sector
- Maintain up to date Regulatory and Compliance requirements for the sector and Privilege projects in particular.
- Ensure the management of sustainability requirements by PPF projects
- Preparation and input to reports for credit approval.
- Manage a larger panel of external QS/due diligence suppliers with correct level of PI covers insurance, compliance etc.
Skills, Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Good working knowledge of waste to energy, biomass and other commercial renewable products is advantageous
- Commercial Project Management skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Sound Commercial Project Management skills
- Experience of using Prince2 or Equivalent
- Member of the RICS or similar professional body i.e. CFA
- QS Engineering skills
- Minimum of 5 years` experience in managing multi million pound projects for the construction / utilities / waste sector organisation
- Relevant experience and achievements in the renewable energy sector - demonstrated in Anaerobic Digestion/Biogas/Biome thane project/programme management in the range >500kw-5mw+ would be advantageous
- Sound understanding of renewable energy technologies, constraints, grid and planning policy would be advantageous
- Valuation experience of energy assets preferable.
- Demonstrably commercially astute
- Background in bio-chemistry would be advantageous
- Must be able to manage multiple projects utilising strong planning and organisational skills
This role would ideally suit a candidate from the Construction/Utilities/waste management sector who has an aptitude to learn about renewables and anaerobic digestion plants.
On offer is a salary of £40000-£70000 per annum dependant on experience, including annual car allowance of £6000
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join this incredibly successful company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruitment Company. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Additional keywords: programme management, prince 2, construction, utilities, renewables, finance
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.