Deputy Care Home Manager - Youth and children
Working with an established care home and school that provides support and education to children with learning disabilities, EBD - (Emotional and Behavioural Disorders).
You should be someone who has had at least 2 years working in a similar role with strong experience and knowledge of working with children and youth. Experience with EBD will be highly regarded.
The following duties are not listed in priority order nor is it a comprehensive list, all job descriptions are subject to review and amendment in order to ensure we continue to provide a high level of care and commitment to the young people in our care.
- To contribute to the provision of a sensitive and therapeutic residential service for the young people which best meets their social, psychological, educational, cultural, physical and health needs.
- To ensure the care given to the young people and the work of our home reflects the Statement of Purpose.
- To provide support and guidance to staff with regard to effective daily operations and practice issues, and to delegate duties effectively.
- To provide advice, guidance and support to young people and staff in setting and maintaining the boundaries and structures in place and adhering to the organisation's expectations.
- To carry out domestic tasks to maintain reasonable levels of hygiene and maintenance and ensure that the building remains in a reasonable condition.
- To lead unit meetings as part of the therapeutic programme.
- To empower and support staff and young people in positive decision making.
- To role model good practice at all times.
- To provide support and leadership to staff members.
- To provide formal supervision to staff members.
- To provide a staff rota at least one month in advance to ensure there is sufficient staff cover 24hrs a day.
- To source staff cover in the event of staff absence or sickness.
- To provide on-call support on a rotational basis.
- To provide sleep-in cover as part of a team on a regular basis.
- To develop and implement an activities programme for the unit.
- To review risk assessments of any event, trip or another area of risk
- To ensure that the events of the shift are all accurately recorded in the logbook and that incident forms and young people's logs contain all the relevant information.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times.
- To provide all the relevant information for the next team at handover and making sure that everything is accounted for and all recording is up to date.
- To be an active participant in the training programme at our home.
- To demonstrate a commitment to personal development, e.g. through undertaking training.
- To keep the on-site or on-call manager informed of all significant events and consulting with them when necessary.
- To be in contact with parents, social services, or other relevant authorities as appropriate.
- To manage petty cash and purchasing on shift as necessary.
- To attend relevant meetings, and, where appropriate, to facilitate meetings.
- In the absence of the Registered Homes Manager to undertake their duties as specified in their job description.
- To undertake such duties as the Registered Homes Manager may, from time to time, request.
To find out more about this role please contact or APPLY now.