Junior Quantitative Analyst- Front Office
An exciting opportunity is available at one of Europe's largest commodity trading houses who are looking for a recent Msc/PhD graduate to fulfil the position of junior quantitative analyst. This is a fantastic entry level position with the opportunity for future progression into a trading role.
Some of the key responsibilities are outlined below although this is not an exhaustive list:
- Develop and run demand forecast models
- Perform back testing in order to improve forecast models
- Improve existing hedging strategies for overall portfolio or sub-portfolios
- Develop and run portfolio management reports
- Develop automated methods for manual tasks and write efficient data management algorithms
An MSc or PhD qualification is required for this position, ideally within a computer sciences or mathematical subject.
For this role you will need to have a strong programming background. Excellent VBA, SQL and Python skills are essential and C++ would also be advantageous. You will also require advanced database management skills as well as a thorough understanding of option pricing and forecasting techniques. The incumbent will need excellent communication skills for this role.
In return you can expect to receive a starting salary of £30,000-£40, 000 per year. There are excellent career progression opportunities from this position.