As exciting opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing Assistant to join a successful business that is a subsidiary of a larger group within the environmental sector. Based on site in Aston Clinton.
This is a varied and busy role where you will be expected to carry out all duties within the Purchasing Department.
- You will be responsible for processing and documenting purchase orders for the Group.
- Progressing purchase orders with suppliers to ensure that they deliver as requested, on time and in full.
- Liaise with other departments to advise them of any supplier issues that may affect them i.e. late delivery and look for alternative suppliers if necessary.
- Meeting with new and existing suppliers to establish requirements and value for money.
- Maintaining up to date supplier pricing within Emax & Access Dimensions.
- Processing of purchase ledger invoices within Emax & Access Dimensions as appropriate.
- Liaise with purchase ledger accounts to ensure that any supplier invoice issues are relayed to them.
- Update of the invoice query logs.
- Assist where required with other areas of the Purchasing Department.
- You will be flexible in your approach, able to prioritise your workload, demonstrate effective communication and act as a team player.
- Work within a Purchasing role or similar.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Use of Emax & Access Dimensions or similar accounts systems such as SAGE , SAP, AS400, Pegasus, etc.