Permanent/ Full Time
£35,000 - £45,000 Basic Salary +Full benefits package includes - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts etc
As a Quality Engineer aligned to assurance of delivery, you will be expected to provide a proactive, competent and professional approach, to assure compliance is in accordance with Operational Framework, help develop and improve the Quality Management System (QMS) through Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement. You will promote Quality and the measurable effectiveness approach in-line with business and customer needs.
- Define and improve the culture and behaviours that will support an enhanced level of compliance across delivery, whilst enabling agile delivery;
- Implementing a risk based assurance approach, including delivery of audit activity against the Audit schedule.
- Support and advise Bidding and Projects leads in good practice Project Life Cycle management.
- Supporting and promoting efficiency through a 'Process Approach' across the Operational Processes in the Business.
- Fostering a continued open relationship within the Project and Technical Management community in order to promote error prevention, maintain compliance and drive continuous improvement;
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required:
- Ability to separate fact based evidence from subjective opinion
- Proactive, flexible, focused on delivering high a quality service
- Continual focus on improvements to Management System efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to interact with senior management at all levels
- Experience in Project/Bid Management and/or Project Auditing
- Experience in dealing with Customers
- Experience of compliance auditing, Project Auditing, Project Life cycle Management (Gated Programs, Design/Engineering Reviews, Quality Control)
- Ability to create audit reports with analysis, Corrective and Preventive actions
- Computer literate (MS Office Suite)
The Project Quality Engineer, irrespective of other responsibilities, has responsibility and authority that includes:
- Assurance of the business processes by means of audit, investigation, Root Cause Analysis and subsequent improvements
- Implementing a risk based Project Quality Audit schedule
- Identify, lead and support Process Improvement activities based on approach
- Reporting to the QM-D on the performance of the quality management system and any subsequent improvement activities
- Interface with senior management, external auditors and regulators
- Assure compliance across all related key operational processes, activities or Delivery areas within the company
- Support of Project Gate reviews, support in the production of Quality Management Plans
- Support and ensure the management of quality assurance information such as procedures, audit schedules and audit reports within the Operating Framework tools
- Report to the QM-D on the performance of the QMS including continuous improvement, corrective and preventive actions, and effectiveness reviews
- HNC/Technical degree or equivalent, in a related subject
- Appreciation/Awareness of formal Project Management processes and Quality Controls
- An understanding of the technical operating environment within a regulated industry
- Experience in leading Process Improvement activities