Property Manager/Block Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Property Manager/Block Manager
Location: Teddington, South West London
Package: Up to £30,000 dependant on experience plus commission scheme and mileage paid at £0.45 pence per mile
Basic experience is required; being familiar with documentation, figures and excellent communication skills both over the phone and in person. This is a great opportunity for someone to progress and make a career for themselves in a welcoming and nurturing company.
The Company is a local independent property management firm working for Landlords and Tenants predominantly in the Richmond upon Thames area surrounding area. It was established in 1929 and has strong ties with the local business community based in Teddington, South West London.
The Company promote an entrepreneurial culture that filters through the business, enabling its staff to act with autonomy and flexibility, but in the knowledge they have the support of other experienced approachable members of staff at their fingertips.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Oversee day to day maintenance of leasehold properties
• Attend client Board meetings, including AGM’s and Directors meetings
• Assist with the project management of major internal and external works along with the relevant surveyor or relevant professional consultant
• Deal with flat owners/tenants queries verbally and in written form
• Produce budgets, including reserve funding for the forthcoming years for Board approval and oversee expenditure in accordance with the budget during the year
• Continually update knowledge and understanding of relevant leasehold regulations, Landlord and Tenant Act, Section 20 Notices and related lease restrictions and covenant issues
• Ensure that fees are issued as and when appropriate for works excluded from the management contract - for example s.20 fees
Ideal Candidate Profile:
• Lives within a commuting distance of no more than 35 minutes from our office in Teddington
• Keen to learn and continually update knowledge of the relevant Landlord and Tenant Act, RICS and ARMA Guidelines and Regulations and procedures and best practice on disseminating residential block property management advice
• The ability to carry out presentations to clients and lead meetings where necessary
• The ability to research, analyse and reason logically and effectively within tight timeframes.
• Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel skills
Desired Qualifications (but not essential):
• Property management related or other relevant undergraduate or post graduate degree
• A collaborative team player and achiever.
• Excellent written and verbal communicator with strong presentational skills.
• Commercially astute and adept at thinking outside the box
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Proactive, flexible and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service
Please click 'Apply' to continue your application.