Workshop Vehicle Engineer - Watford - circa £28k p/a
Role: Workshop Engineer
Working House - 7.00am - 16.00pm Mon-Fri
We are currently looking for an experienced vehicle engineer to join our clients engineering team based in Alperton, Middlesex. The core objective is to provide a full fleet maintenance solution to both our clients core operational sevices and their core corporate clients.
- Inspect and service all vehicles, plant and equipment in line with OEM minimum standards
- Carry out vehicle safety inspection in line with group fleet policy
- Maintain, prepare and present vehicles for annual MOT testing at specified DVSA approved ATF
- Required to complete all aspects of vehicle inspection documentation in line with group fleet compliance policy
- Conduct daily duties in a safe working manner whilst adhering to QHSE obligations under the Health and Safety at work Act1974 and follow the code of safe working practice in your work place
- Report any unsafe acts, hazards, defective equipment to your safety advisor and maintain a safe working environment at all times
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Knowledge, skills and experience;
The successful candidate is required to have a number of years’ experience in HGV mechanical engineering, with a proven track record of working in a fast pace engineering environment
- City &Guilds Level 3 in HGV mechanical engineering or equivalent engineering qualification
- IRTEC “Service Maintenance Technician” accreditation desired or willing to achieve
- LGV licence is essential
- Valid DCPC preferred but not essential
- Experience in use of OBD Diagnostic tools (TEXA, STAR, EASY etc.)
- Major component overhaul skills (Engine; Gearbox; Braking systems)
- Specialist skills ( Pneumatic; Welding; Hydraulics: Electrical systems )
- Possess personal basic engineering tool kit ( Air gun, Spanners, Sockets, Screwdrivers etc)
- Experience in maintaining waste vehicles is preferred, but not essential as fully training will be provided
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.