Head of Funds Compliance
7 days left
- Full Time
Our client is a reputable Asset Manager with close to £500b AUM. An interesting opportunity has come about for an experienced regulatory specialist to take on a Head of Funds Compliance position in their London office.
Reporting into the Chief Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing clear and consistent technical advice and guidance in respect of mutual funds to the Board, Senior Management and other colleagues on regulatory risk matters
- Managing the Compliance relationships with the Investment and Operations teams and key outsourced suppliers (Transfer Agents & Fund Accountants) in relation to the mutual funds managed and distributed.
- Manage day to day relationships with Depositaries both in the UK and Ireland.
- Providing Compliance input into a range of projects such as the launch of new products, take on of new clients and other projects and development initiatives.
- Supporting the business in the development of the new funds and structures across different jurisdictions (specific emphasis on Ireland).
- Proactively reviewing the impact of regulatory change and formulate policy, assisting the business in exploiting any commercial opportunities arising.
- Assisting with the implementation of Group Policies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong understanding of the asset management industry, and specifically investment products (covering Equities, Fixed Income, Money Markets and Derivatives).
- An in-depth knowledge of regulatory rules in relation to UCITS/AIFMD and their interpretation both in the UK & Ireland
- Strong relationship skills with the ability to engage proactively with Senior Management and colleagues at all levels.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, and works systematically to meet and maintain standards, and adhere to procedures.
- Good analytical skills, capable of thinking logically, using initiative and systematically able to resolve problems.
- Proactive, self-supportive and motivated in the development of a positive risk culture.
- Good report writing and presentational skills.
- Educated to degree standard or holder of a relevant professional qualification.