Journalist & Online Content Manager - Web & Print - Paid Internship - London
As the largest publishing company of its kind in the UK, measured both by the number of supplements they produce each year - currently over 50 - and by the number of readers they reach - 1.8 million each week.
As a thriving, established and fast-growing media company, this client can offer exciting and rewarding careers across a range of disciplines. Based in central London and looking for people who are talented, academically bright, ambitious, and commercially driven.
This is a 3month paid internship offering NMW upwards depending on your previous experience. Followed by a permanent position all being well.
How you can expect to spend your day;
- Seeking a journalist for the business and technology news channels which are published online as well as in print with The Sunday Telegraph. It’s a chance to contribute to and develop several subject specific sections and take them to the next level. New ideas are encouraged and they are prepared to back well-thought out concepts.
- You will work closely with the editor, and be responsible for writing daily news for their online channels and print publications. Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines are key skills required for the role as is the ability to present ideas.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications;
The ideal candidate will be able to generate strong, agenda setting articles and should have an intrinsic understanding of what makes a brilliant feature for affluent, high-level business readers.
The right candidate will also be a big thinker and be full of original thoughts about how their titles can improve editorially and commercially. You will be comfortable juggling a myriad of tasks, be able to keep calm under pressure and consistently deliver.
- Copywriting/content creation experience is necessary
- Relevant university degree, 2:1 or above
- Excellent written English (native- level) with impeccable grammar
- Detail oriented & quality aware
- Experience working to short deadlines
- Flexible, positive attitude
- Must be able to take the initiative and think on their feet