Senior Financial Analyst / Finance Analyst
JW136 - Senior Financial Analyst / Finance Analyst
£50,000 - £60,000 + excellent benefits
Obscurant are excited to be working with a great brand that are known in over 120 countries.
- We require candidates who have worked previously for one of the Big 4 Accountancy firms and will have then moved to work for a smaller start up organisation or firm
- Forward thinking individuals who have managed teams
- Fully qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA with audit experience AAT Qualifications
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function is a new team that is being created to provide a structure and discipline around the provision of reporting, creation and tracking of forecasts and budgets and providing a planning framework within which the company will operate.
Reporting as one of two Direct Reports into the newly appointed Finance Director, FP&A, this is an exciting senior opportunity that offers you the chance to be a part of one of the fastest growing tech start-ups in recent years.
This role is an excellent opportunity, suitable for candidates seeking to further broaden their extensive financial planning and analysis leadership experience within a fast paced business where you will play a key part in the growth and success across the FP&A function.
Accountable for successfully managing the delivery of regular reporting and planning processes across the FP&A team including:
- Project manage regular reporting & forecasting processes including all quarterly forecasts, annual budget and monthly outturn / short term forecasting
- Proactively identifying margin generative opportunities and process efficiencies
- Management and communication of planning timetables both within Finance and the wider business
- Facilitate changes to GL and CC structures within the consolidation models in conjunction with Financial Accounts
- Overseeing balance sheet and cash flow forecasting, working closely with FD to identify future cash requirements and distillation of Capex forecasts
- Ownership of all forecasting, consolidation and reporting tools including scoping out new systems and revisions to forecasting models
- Be proactive throughout the month end period to provide reporting and insight with ultimate delivery of monthly financial reporting to both internal and external stakeholders
- Challenge Commercial Finance and Operational teams on all aspects of the business, utilising tools and data available - identify and create the tools required where these do not already exist
- Headcount forecasting & reporting, providing insightful reporting for decision making and recruitment sign-off
- Finance Business Partner to Opex business leaders, responsible for the co-ordination, challenge and presentation of Financial projections and results. Business Partner in building business cases and presenting as part of the investment case review
- Supporting in the delivery of Board and Investor reporting packs
- Supporting ad hoc analysis required for the VC investors, and a key team member in supporting the modelling and data requirements for future funding and investment processes
- Ability to take a flexible approach to responsibilities during a period of rapid growth and change in the team
- Assist in the delivery of ad hoc projects as instructed by CFO and Finance Director
Skills & attributes required:
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA accountant with minimum 2 years PQE
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience of a high growth, dynamic, responsive environment
- Strong MS Excel skills, ability to analyse large volumes of data
- Finance systems literate
- A flexible individual who enjoys working in a changing environment
- Strong communications skills - both verbally and on paper.
- Ability to interact well with the senior management team
Salary of £50,000 - £60,000
Benefits include; Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area, Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and other excellent perks!
If this exciting opportunity for an Accountant is of interest or you would like to know more then please send your c.v. for consideration