Resident Electrical shift maintenance engineer
Our client are currently seeking a Resident Engineer to undertake the planned and reactive maintenance at our clients premises.
Our client provides straight forward, intelligent FM solutions, which means that we operate in an honest and sincere manner, meeting our clients' demands in the best way possible, whilst retaining values and culture. You will be required to work on a 12 hour shift system between 7am - 7pm with a call out rota which will operate on a 1 in 6 basis
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- To undertake the Planned Maintenance of the Building Engineering Services, to ensure compliance with the specification, PPM, Schedules and Procedures.
- Ensure that all PPM issued is completed and closed down on the clients in house systems.
- To respond to emergency call-out request to ensure clients' systems are not prejudiced and to maintain the continuity of operation as far as practical circumstance will allow.
- To provide emergency call-out in respect of all clients within the Technical Services division in line with a rota basis.
- To be efficient, polite of smart appearance and diligent in the discharge of the duties required, including the wearing of the correct company uniform.
- To achieve a prompt effective response to emergency situations being capable to diagnose faults and initiating action to prevent deterioration in environmental conditions within the premises.
- To conduct the operation of the contract in a pro-active manner so as to minimise difficulties with the building environmental systems.
- To ensure that all communication channels are utilised in order to keep both the client and the Company informed of relevant information.
- To recognise the importance of energy management and operate the contract to benefit the long term interest of the customer.
- To liaise with specialist sub contractors and engineers with other disciplines to ensure the efficient operation of the plant / area without disruption to the client.
- Any other duties as required by a position of this level within the organisation for which the individual is suitable / capable of.
- Hold a City and Guilds 236 Part 1 & 2 qualification.
- 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
- Good oral, written communication skills.
- Good technical knowledge as well as the ability to multi task.
Be able to cope well under pressure.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.