Functional skills tutor
Functional Skills Tutor - Study Programme.
We are looking for Two tutors, one based in Luton and once based in Stevenage.
£25k basic plus bonus
Competence areas: English, Maths & ICT
Fab Recruitment is currently looking to recruit a Functional Skills Tutors for the Study Programme. You will work towards and achieve targets relating to all aspects of the Foundation Learning and Study Programme frameworks, by delivering Functional Skills in the subject areas of Maths and English, with ICT embedded in all sessions. Contextualisation to employability, PSD and vocational subject areas is required.
• Relevant Functional Skills or Maths and English experience as appropriate for area of delivery.
• A minimum of 2 years Teaching experience in 14-19 provision
Qualifications / Training Required:
• Full Teaching Qualification i.e. Cert Ed, C&G 7407, CTLLS, DTLLS or equivalent
• Level 3 English and/or Maths with at least Level 2* in the second subject area. (*CPD to L3 in second subject will be required).
• ICT L2
• Managing learner behaviour in the classroom and on company premises, applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
• Undertaking pastoral duties and supporting learners on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
• Support the implementation and development of the Functional Skills (FS) Strategy.
• Plan embedded learning for groups and individuals. .
• Ensure that learners have access to appropriate employment and personal skills sessions.
• Regularly assess learners work to awarding body and Ofsted criteria.
• Planning, preparation and delivery of FS sessions alongside all other qualifications
• Embed and deliver FS following the Study Programme ethos, ensuring learners develop an awareness of employability skills, vocational opportunities and PSD issues whilst acquiring key Functional Skills.
• Develop and assess FS to the appropriate levels to support the learners’ ability to work confidently, effectively and independently in life and work.
• Ensure that learners are involved in the decision making process, either as individuals or in groups through learner voice forums, surveys, attendance at Standardisation and Curriculum Review sessions etc.
• Take an active part in team meetings, curriculum development, standardisation across all programmes.
• Develop delivery in order to maximise progression opportunities for learners.
• Managing resources and ensuring the security of equipment and materials.
• Keep learner records accurate and up to date following compliance with funding body and Ofsted requirements.
• Provide cover for absent staff when and where required as directed by your Centre Manager.
• To contribute to the 'Self-Assessment Process’ by working within the guidelines of the Common Inspection Framework
• If necessary, Tutors will be required to transport learners to and from the Training Centre accompanied by another tutor at all times.
• There is a mandatory requirement for all staff to attend 2 'away days’ per year for team building activities.
Desirable skills / experience / qualifications:
• Level 5 English or Level 5 Maths Specialism.
• IAG qualification.
• TAQA Award in Assessing or Verifying
• Current First Aid Certificate
• 22 days holiday plus statutory
• Retail Outlet staff discount scheme
• £0.30 per business mile (Role is office based)
• Induction period is 4 weeks - 1 week will be based at a centre in the Midlands area. This will require a 4 night stay. The company will provide / pay for accommodation and meals.