Purchase Ledger, part or full time hours
6 days left
- Part Time
Are you looking for a new job which offers a varied workload, within a busy but friendly and supportive Finance Team?
We are looking for an individual who would like to develop their skills and is up for a challenge when solving problems to improve systems and processes. You will have a proactive attitude in your approach to work and really enjoy working in a busy, professional environment. Our customers are paramount to us and you must also have excellent telephone skills.
In turn, the role offers either flexible part time hours of between 22 and 25 hours per week or full time 37.5 hours, depending on the individual. There will also be the opportunity to develop your skills. Support will be available to complete the AAT qualification or other training as appropriate to the individual. Plus, we are located on the outskirts of Brighton with easy access to the A27 with free parking on site. Or we are within walking distance of local bus routes and Mouslecoomb or Falmer railway stations.
Custom Pharma Services is a full-service contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) for investigational medicinal products (IMP) through to commercial manufacturing. Custom’s advanced facilities can produce tablets, caplets, capsules (immediate and modified release) and powders, with an annual capacity of more than 1.5 billion tablets and 250 million capsules for both clinical and commercial use.
Fully certified in the UK and Europe, Custom Pharma Services is a one-stop resource for contract development and pharmaceutical manufacturing. When a customer needs a partner that can help with formulation development, prototypes stability, analytical testing, QP certification, contract manufacturing, primary packaging, shipment and customer support, Custom Can.
About the role
On a day to day basis responsibilities include:
- Processing invoices on the Invoice Register and sending them to be authorised.
- Checking and coding invoices then loading onto Axapta following sign off.
- Paying Proforma invoices when requested and chasing up tax invoices for paid pro-forma invoices.
- Checking and maintaining supplier statements on a monthly basis.
- Loading Stock invoices onto Axapta and attaching GRN once authorised by the Commercial Manager and or Company Director.
- Preparing and inputting weekly payments runs to suppliers.
- Dealing with supplier queries and requests for information.
- Responding to any internal customers requests
- Completing monthly Intrastat return to Customs and Revenue
- Complying with the Health and Safety Policy and Health and Safety Policy Procedures
- Carrying out operations in such a way as not to present a risk to the health and safety of themselves and others
Desired Skills & Experience
Ideally we are looking for the following:
- Previous Purchase Ledger experience is preferred
- Excellent customer facing telephone skills, as you will be speaking to suppliers regarding payment
- Previous experience of responding to queries from internal and external customers
- Ability to provide accurate and timely information to non-finance staff
- Ability to communicate figures to non-finance staff
- Experience of chasing invoices following authorisation
- Experience of working with Finance Systems is desirable
- Highly computer literate with intermediate Excel skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision and manage own workload
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good listening skills
- Able to follow processes accurately
Benefits include: Pension;life assurance; ride to work scheme, childcare vouchers, subsidised gym and annual profit related payment.
How to apply
Please submit your application including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role. Candidates should also say whether they are applying on a full or part time basis.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.