Fit Out Manager / Package Manager
Fit out Manager / Package Manager
£60k-£70k + benefits
My client has an excellent opportunity for a Fit Out Manager to work on large, prestige residential developments in London. The role offers a long term career and progression in a growing organisation, working with and learning from some of London’s most talented construction professionals.
The successful candidate must have experience as a Package / Site Manager on new build residential construction projects, managing Sub/Trade Contractors and handling project processes, such as risk management, issue resolution and cost control. You are likely to be working in a UK Developer, Construction Management company or leading Main Contractor, preferably on large London projects. You will have experience of managing the tender process, through procurement and delivery to handover and occupancy. Recent Construction Management contract experience, working with the client to package the work and select Trade Contractors is strongly preferred. Previous Modular/off site construction experience would also be advantageous.
You will possess strong working knowledge of construction methods and materials, along with current health and safety construction legislation. All applicants must be able to demonstrate experience of managing packages and projects of a similar size and quality.
The main role will include assistance in the procurement and ownership for the delivery of the fit out packages to a 20 storey residential tower.
The candidate will be expected to carry out the following non-exclusive list of activities and have previous experience in doing so.
- Coordinating all Trade Contractor Site Managers and liaising closely with other Package/Site Managers
- Support the preconstruction and construction teams in all aspects of fit out and finishes, including design development, procurement and construction
- Ownership for the health and safety of the areas of which are under their control including full trade contractor RAM’s sign off, management of emergency routes and strict administration of all company policies and procedures.
- Read and understand all relevant drawings relating to their area of works and assess/advise on build-ability and product selection
- Record and update detailed progress reports, daily diaries changes and issues for areas of responsibility
- Establish relationships with project partners and other key stakeholders such as Trade contractors and the client.
- Set up regular, clear lines of communication to address issues that may arise raising where applicable to senior management
- Organise and lead regular site progress meetings with trade-contractors to monitor progress, ensuring Project Manager is updated on all issues
- Assistance in the daily DAB’s meetings and weekly trade co-ordination meetings to ensure that areas under your responsibility are kept on programme
- Provide drive to the project programme and ensure Trade-contractors meet the requirements for the programme, quality, and in working safely
- Advise Project Manager and Commercial Manager of any cost/program implications
- Previous Fit out Experience with top 10 UK Main Contractor
- Previous High rise works (over 15 floors)
- Previous Residential Experience
- Valid SMSTS, CSCS and 1st Aid
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages
- Knowledge and experience in use of Project Planning/Programme Techniques advantageous
- Ability to prepare a 3 week look-ahead programme with assistance of project planner
- Ability to prioritise, plan, schedule and evaluate works
- Focused on timely completion of project and systematic completion of snagging
- Arrange and manage site trade-contractor co-ordination meetings and record meeting minutes
- A good practical understanding of Health & Safety requirements on site, including specific high rise construction items.
- Be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Be innovative, proactive and committed to the project
- Very good communication skills
- Experienced in completing works to high quality standards
For more information please send an up to date CV, detailing your project experience and how you match the profile. Please also include details of your current salary package. If you wish to discuss the role, please call Gerard Todd.
All applicants must have UK project experience and must be eligible to work and live in the UK. Unfortunately we will not be considering overseas applicants.