Finance Administrator / Bookkeeper-Part time
16 hrs p/w
RedLux is an innovative company that is experiencing an exciting phase of growth and expansion. Based in Chandlers Ford, Southampton, RedLux develops and manufactures high-end, automated quality control systems. You would form part of a small, international team working in a dynamic and fascinating high-tech environment.
We are looking for a part-time Finance Administrator/Bookkeeper to form part of a small, hardworking team. The role is varied and whilst there are responsibilities listed below for the position, the right candidate will need to have the confidence and self-motivation to take ownership of all day to day support duties associated with this role.
The role is offered on a part-time basis for 16 hours per week, although these hours could increase over time.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the position of the Finance Administrator / Bookkeeper is to provide assistance to the Office Manager and be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records at a transactional level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing invoices
- Raising supplier payments
- Database updates
- Raising regular and ad-hoc payments
- Bank reconciliations
- Recording transactions
- Producing a Bank Reconciliation report
- Posting receipts
- Posting invoices
- Reconciling and posting petty cash transactions
- Supplier payments
- Statement reconciliations
- Purchase and sales ledger reconciliation
- Journal postings
- Credit Control
- Various nominal ledger reconciliations
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Action ad-hoc enquiries
- Ordering of office supplies
- Provide cover for other administrative duties, as required, ensuring the smooth running of the department in the Office Managers absence
- Respond to all emails and telephone messages within a reasonable timescale
- Discuss monthly progress with your Manager, highlighting assistance you need and then implement any suggestions
- Organised and Efficient
- Have good attention to detail
- Have good communication skills
- R&D experience preferred
- Have excellent computer skills - Microsoft and accounting packages, Xero and/or Sage 50
- Work well alone and in a team
The successful Finance Administrator / Bookkeeper will demonstrate a stable career history with significant experience in a Finance environment.
The Finance Administrator / Bookkeeper can expect a salary in the region of £19-22k pro rata depending on experience
- Flexible Working arrangements
- Free Parking
- 22-25 Days holiday
- Private Health Insurance (after probation period).
If you would like to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the 'apply now’ button with your current C.V.
We do not accept applications from agencies!