Financial Analyst - 6 month contract
6 days left
- Full Time
Financial Analyst (6 FTC) required for our client, a global, leading telecommunications business, based in the City.
This role will suit a CIMA / ACCA Part Qualified candidate, looking to become part of an exciting, growing team with extensive opportunity. Acting as Financial Analyst for a number of business units to ensure costs are captured and reported accurately through the means of ownership of the SAP portals workflow process, monthly variance analysis Actuals vs Budget as well as being the primary point of contact for any finance related query.
This is a very exciting role, requiring candidates to have a strong understanding of month end analysis, SAP and Cost Centres.
Key skills required:
- Part qualified / Studying towards Finance qualification (ACCA/ CIMA)
- SAP proficient
- Month end analysis and cost centre exposure
- Strong excel skills including pivot tables / v look ups
Role will include:
- Monthly P&L variance analysis against budgets to ensure accuracy of recorded costs and raising correcting journal entries where required;
- Taking ownership of the SAP purchase order workflow process ensuring that requisitions that are raised by business managers have the correct coding, are within the correct Class of PR (ie contract related or not), within the correct legal entity and containing enough information in respect of accrual calculation;
- Being the first point of contact for any business queries in relation to the raising of PR's, the codes to be used, and user training for the SAP portals workflow - face to face and WebEx training sessions with the designated persons from the divisions;
- Regular review and investigation into all open purchase orders to determine the validity and requirement of the purchase;
- Timely recording of monthly accruals and costs in relation to open purchase orders, prepayments, reallocations and manual journal entries to ensure the accuracy of the income statement at month end close;
- Provide ad hoc service and assistance, reports, commentary or analysis when required to the business and the BU Finance teams;
- Actively participate in the projects going on within the team.
For more information, please contact Amel Steel on or email
Huntress does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.