Business Development Manager Waste
6 days left
- Full Time
Recognised by the London Stock Exchange as one of '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain', and known as a market leader in the waste industry, our client is now seeking a Business Development Manager to identify and develop new business opportunities for the organisation. Reporting to the Sales Director, you will play a pivotal role in the business going forward. The successful person will need to be a hunter, hungry to achieve and have 'the bit between their teeth' straight from the offset.
As a leading National Waste Management Broker in the UK, our client boasts revenues of over £30m per annum, which means as well as gaining a job with great stability, and working for an industry innovator, the successful candidate is sure to reap the rewards of fantastic financial benefits and career progression opportunities.
Although the waste industry may resonate a certain type of image, our client takes great pride in promoting a professional and sophisticated edge; well reflected by their state-of-the-art contemporary head office based in Alton, Hampshire. This is a very hand's on, meet and greet, client-orientated role, so as a BDM you'll be required to visit various sites, meaning the ability to drive is essential. When you are not on the road striking deals, you can work from home, but where you live must be within a two-hour radius of the company's office in Hampshire.
To be successful in this job you must have a strong commercial mind, and show the ability to perform to predetermined annual targets; which for each BDM, will be a minimum of £1m annualised sales within a 12-month period. Constant consideration for your business development pipeline and keeping this up to date with 20+ opportunities, valued in the region of £50k-£500k, is going to be a pivotal part of your role and will frequently be monitored at board-level.
So how do you make your money? You will be expected to cultivate and nurture clients, insinuate deals to meet targets and ensure the business is taking advantage of every avenue where waste management solutions can be sold. Your client base will be varied, and can range from independent restaurants right through to larger organisations that pose various recycling and waste management needs. Having an understanding of the waste industry, and/or UK and European sustainability and resource management strategies is not a vital demand for our client, but owning some knowledge would be a clear advantage for applicants.
As you will be actively representing the business it's important for all BDM's to reflect the company's core values and identity at all times. As much as you'll be working towards team goals and will need to have strong ties to the commercial division, our client primarily seeks a self-starter, someone who motivates themselves, spots opportunities and acts upon them.
Despite hitting targets being highly important, you should always approach new business opportunities with sophistication and respect. Much of your work will include establishing long-term relationships, so rather than playing the hard-sell all of the time, you will need to listen to and appreciate individual needs, build rapport and offer tailored solutions that truly fit.
* Have prior experience in high-level sales.
* Have grit, determination and confidence as a 'hunter'.
* Be able to communicate with various people at all levels.
* Understand the services you are offering (training provided if needed).
* Uphold company reputation and reflect all core values.
* Work towards annual targets and exceed these when possible.
* A master at multi-tasking, prioritising and negotiating deals.
* Own competent IT skills; familiarity with MS Word, PP and Excel.
* An excellent command of English, especially for written proposals.
* The ability to listen to needs and propose solutions to match.
* Retain a calm head in pressurised situations.
* Own great organisational traits and meticulous attention to detail.
* Own a driving license and have the ability to commute between sites.
* Live within a two-hour radius of our client's Hampshire office.
To apply please foward your CV to