Assistant General Manager - Mile End/Tottenham
My Client is a times top 25 employer with a culture focused on retention and development of staff. They strive to make the working environment fun, with a big focus on customer service to assist with the customer journey in store. There are a variety of progression opportunities with majority of Store Managers being progressed internally from the shop floor and up.
As an Assistant Manager you will support the Store Manager in leading, developing and managing store colleagues (30-50 staff).
This role is crucial and covers a broad remit that includes:
- Raising the level of exceptional customer service
- Sales floor management
- Planning day to day duties and rotas
- Ensuring that the site delivers excellent services and achieve weekly store targets
- This role is focused on progression planning of staff, developing product knowledge and skills of your store colleagues, as well as driving a positive atmosphere in store
Assistant Managers also run the store in the absence of the Store Manager.
The role also has a lot of opportunities to go on courses within the business, working with the Regional Manager and GM to add to your CV and own personal development.
- You will be driven to succeed with a real focus on customer service and soft sales.
- You will have demonstrable evidence of training and developing staff and driving service and operations standards to improve your site.
- Ideally from a large retail site at a team leader or Assistant/Deputy level, focusing on customer interaction and driving a positive culture on the shop floor.
- A people person is ideal with a commercial head on your shoulders.
20k-25k + 20% bonus and pension