SAP Functional Consultant
SAP Functional Consultant
40,000 to 80,000
We are seeking a highly skilled SAP Functional Consultant to help us maintain, support and configure a 'business critical’ SAP system that hosts applications for Aerospace design and manufacture organisation. In addition, the role will be involved in the strategic planning for the future SAP 'roadmap’ of the Group.
The successful candidate will have a high level of experience and expertise in configuring and supporting applications using the SAP Functional modules, primarily MM, SD, CO and FI.
- The role will be required to undertake SAP Functional configuration, maintenance and support. Any ABAP capability would be considered to be an advantage and the ability to 'debug’ ABAP code is highly desirable.
- The candidate will be expected to:
- Use their experience and skills in the SAP Functional 'core modules’ (particularly MM, SD, CO and FI) to support the Group ongoing SAP development.
- The ability to be able to 'debug’ ABAP code is a key requirement.
- Though not the primary role, the additional ability to be able to write or enhance ABAP code is also desirable.
- Take part in the testing/implementation of software components and provide post implementation support.
- Share knowledge, contribute to technical discussions and assist other team members when necessary. In particular, the candidate would be involved in the future SAP 'roadmap’ strategic planning for the Group
- The key areas of responsibility will be:
- Delivery of software components; Planning process; refining requirements with business users; designing and developing software using agreed methodologies, processes and standards; taking part in all stages of the test cycle; managing and rectifying software issues; managing own code within test environments and implementing software.
- Live support; providing daily support. The requirement exists to provide occasional 'out of hours’ support on a rota basis during releases or for critical issues.
- Playing an active part in IT ; Supporting other team members, assisting in the continuous improvement of development processes, methods and standards
- Continuously look to improve business knowledge; by participating in team presentations on supported systems, discussions with business users, own reading and attendance on business related training.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of successful support and delivery of applications including demonstrable experience in the following SAP areas:
o SAP Materials Management (MM)
o SAP Sales & Distribution (SD)
o SAP Controlling (CO)
o SAP Finance (FI)
o ABAP debugging
- It would also be advantageous for candidates to have experience in the following:
o SAP Project Systems (PS)
o ABAP code development and unit testing
o Knowledge and exposure of other more recent SAP 'technologies’.
Candidates will also:
- Have a good understanding and familiarity with the full software development lifecycle and different software development models; will be able to configure or develop software using recognised methods, processes and standards.
- Have an understanding of technical architectures and will have good modelling and design skills.
- Have a level of software testing experience sufficient to take part in test activities including test case derivation, unit testing, system testing and user acceptance test support.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, organisation, self-motivation and a desire for self-improvement.
- Be able to analyse business requirements and develop appropriate and cost effective solutions.
- Have an understanding of good team practice and the ability to work with others sharing knowledge/experience when appropriate.
- Have good interpersonal communication skills with an ability to interpret and present information to a variety of recipients using suitable modes of communication.
- Have the ability to create concise, informative technical documentation.
- Demonstrate the desire and ability to seek up to date information from elsewhere and apply this in relation to design, development, support and management activities.
- Have the ability to form relationships with business users and demonstrate an understanding of business processes.