Senior Project Quantity Surveyor
Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join our team and be instrumental in our success.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Southgate, London. You will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of the developments undertaken by Metropolitan Development Services (both financial and legal), in support of delivery of Metropolitan`s overall Development Programme.
About the job:
- Provide Management of commercial functions on all development schemes both new build and regeneration from inception to completion and final accounting.
- Facilitate and collate information to be used for a tender pack to procure a main contractor through the Procurement process within Metropolitan.
- Work closely with Head of Commercial to provide monthly reporting of developments commercial position together with the discussion of any potential risk or opportunities on a particular development.
- Work closely with Land & Contracts Managers to support land purchase and project delivery capability.
- Ensure correct financial input into PAMWIN both actual and forecast, including the raising of purchase orders and receipting when works are completed.
- Work with Development team to coordinate monthly project review and Capital monitoring reporting meetings.
- Ensure proactive commercial management of the portfolio of schemes to cost targets, compliance with defined standards, policies, procedures and statutory requirements, both in active and tendering developments.
- Manage risk - ensure compliance to requirements and anticipate and manage contractual, legal and operational risks.
- Relevant level of experience in Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management within property development, main contractor (residential), professional practice (PQS) or RP`s sector`s with a proven track record.
- Construction/Surveying Degree qualified or equivalent with appropriate knowledge and experience in Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management.
- Experience of main contractor/sub contractor procurement
- Tender/Market awareness, together with the ability to calculate rates for a particular works operation.
- High standard of literacy and numeracy, working with Microsoft Excel and other cost management packages.
- Personable and positive attitude to problem solving.
- Ability to drive and access to a car for business purposes.
- Oversee trainee/graduate or Assistant QS`s where applicable.
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Wellbeing Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 25 days holiday, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!