Assistant Management Accountant
Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant in Stansted. Our client is a leading listed organisation which has developed a fantastic reputation as being an employer of choice in the local area. This role will see you working within an established finance team in order help support the group wide management reporting process. This will include continuous process improvement whilst strengthening financial forecasting and reporting in general meaning there is almost limitless scope to add value to the department and business as a whole.
Your typical duties will include:
- Take a supporting role for the preparation and consolidation of the Group management accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintaining integrity of trial balances, posting journals, including allocations
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with preparing analysis of financial performance for various brands within the group
- Preparation and distribution of weekly working capital report
- Working collaboratively with finance team to drive change and improvements to processes.
- Play a supporting role in preparing for the year-end audit
- Administering PO authorisation process
- Assisting in administering payroll
- Daily Sales and Order Report preparation and distribution
- Assist in maintaining BOM’s and costings
- Ad-hoc project work
The ideal candidate will be part qualified in ACCA, ACA or CIMA however candidates who are fully AAT qualified and have not yet started their professional qualification will also be considered providing they have relevant practical experience. Experience within a manufacturing environment would be preferable but is by no means required in order to be successful in your application. Strong Excel skills and an exposure to payroll would be an advantage due to the nature of the role but they are by no means a requirement. It is worth noting that the business in question is set to relocate to South Cambridge by the end of the year so applicants should remain mindful of this whilst applying.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to secure a progressive role within a fast growing organisation that can provide brilliant career progression going forwards. For the right candidate, this role can provide rapid professional development for someone with the right attitude and potential.
Rutherford Briant are the leading Quality Driven Accountancy and Finance Recruitment Consultancy in East Anglia.