London - £50000 - £60000 plus bonus and benefits
Home working available
I am looking for a PostgreSQL Developer for a market leading business in London. This role has a global reach and involves working on a cutting edge software product.
You will be providing technical expertise in the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance for existing and new, high-volume, data intensive systems. This position requires use of critical thinking and problem solving techniques to address database design issues and have the necessary skills for database performance tuning. You will have an opportunity to work and support driving our products forward, as well as be part of a wider team that is driving a platform approach.
- Providing support to multiple system environments across development & test
- Development and maintenance of PostgreSQL (mandatory), Oracle, SQL Server (preferred)
- Developing and maintaining ETL processes using scripting languages
- Analysing, resolving and tuning database performance
- Proactively diagnosing and resolving database problems
- Maintaining database configurations in compliance with release management and change management
- Working with the DBA's across the business to support in database management
- Java development support, coding, bug fixing and testing
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Degree(s) in relevant discipline(s) desirable, but analytical skill and capability more important
- Significant experience in database design and development.
- Practical experience of using Agile development methodologies.
- Experience across hardware, software and applications in enterprise environments as well as cloud, SaaS, security etc.
- Involvement in software development and database management.
- Understanding of large-scale systems and knows how to engineer for transactional integrity, high-performance and high-availability.
- PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL server
- Relational data modelling, SQL
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- ETL tools
- Java Enterprise Edition(from 1.7 to latest version), Groovy
- OSGi, Hibernate (or other ORMs), Kafka, Hadoop
These are high impact roles, where the right candidate has an opportunity to work with some of the most exciting technologies in data, analytics and decisioning. If you meet these requirements, please send me your CV for immediate assessment.