Group Clinical Risk Manager -
About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK is the country's largest provider of privately funded care with 800,000 patient interactions every year.From pioneering complex care, urgent care, to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships in London and Manchester.
Double award winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' voted by LaingBuisson and HealthInvestor, we attract some of the finest specialist consultants and leading nursing experts from many major teaching hospitals.
London's largest private hospital group, HCA operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital.
This role is based at our Corporate Head Office in Marylebone, London. NW1
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Group Risk Manager to join our clinical service and governance team.
The Clinical Risk Manager is responsible for the implementation, delivery and monitoring of the risk management strategy for HCA Healthcare UK (HCA). They will, in conjunction with the Group Head of Governance & Risk and the Director of Clinical Services, provide a structured and robust governance framework for HCA, ensuring proactive compliance with legislative requirements and national and local policy.
Successful candidates can expect competitive salary C£55000 - £60000 pa dependent upon experience and a vast range of benefits.
* Funded Study Leave for relevant training; regular job review and appraisals.
* Guaranteed annual salary review
* Private pension;
* 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy or sell up to five days annual leave)
* Life Assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary)
* Season ticket loan (of up to the value of £10,000)
We are supportive of continuous training and have developed links with Universities to provide a programme of joint appointments for those wishing to study further.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Implementation and operational management of the risk management strategy, policies and procedures for the organisation including development and implementation of systems for continuous improvement in risk and incident identification and proactive trends analysis.
* Ensure that the HCA UK business continuity and emergency planning policies are reviewed regularly and aligned to the national agenda.
* Collaborate with IT&S teams in order to maintain and develop group incident learning and risk management software in accordance with departmental specification supporting national, regional and group wide reporting of claims, complaints, incidents and risks.
* Maintain and update a structured training programme for all aspects of risk and incident management. To coordinate, support, procure and/or deliver training in accordance with the HCA learning academy requirements.
* Develop and maintain external and internal professional networks acting as a link between external organisations, facilities and HCA colleagues to support and further develop the care excellence differentiation agenda
Skills & Experience
* Experience in a management role in the relevant operational Healthcare management environments.
* Professional qualification from the Institute of Risk Management (or equivalent) NEBOSH is advantageous. Postgraduate qualification in Healthcare Science/Risk Management
* Experience of developing systems and processes which will supports embedding a company-wide risk management program.
* Relevant operational Healthcare Quality, Safety, Governance and Risk Management experience