Hadoop Apps Engineer - Relocate to Bangkok
*Please no C2C / 3rd party applications*
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE WILL REQUIRE YOU TO RELOCATE TO THAILAND IF SUCCESSFUL - Full relocation and visa sponsorship provided.
- Willing to relocate to Bangkok, Thailand
- You'll probably hold a bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Engineering / related field
- You'll have 3 years' plus experience in designing and implementing large, scalable distributed systems
- You'll be a proficient coder in either Java or (preferably) Scala
- You'll have operational experience debugging production issues
- You'll have a good understanding of data architecture principles
- You'll have proficient English oral and written communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Hadoop ecosystem working knowledge or other "Big Data" experience
- Any experience with Apache Spark (Scala API preferred)
- Strong design and OOP skills
- Python/Django skills also a plus
- Experience working with open source products
- Working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies.
Our client is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia, and part of the largest online travel company in the world.
Their Bangkok team is looking for top quality passionate engineers to build products across their next gen data platform products.
- Their systems scale across multiple data centers, totaling a few million writes per second and managing petabytes of data. They deal with problems from real-time data-ingestion, replication, enrichment, storage and analytics. They are not just using Big Data technologies; They are pushing them to the edge.
- In this competitive world of online travel agencies, finding even the slightest advantage in the data can make or break a company. That is why they put data systems in our top priorities.
- While they are proud of what they have built so far, there is still a long way to go to fulfill their vision of data. They are looking for people like you who are as excited about data technology as they are, to join the fight.
You can be part of designing, building, deploying (and probably debugging) products across all aspects of their core data platform products.
Why Hadoop Apps Team?
Joining this team, you will be solving some of the most difficult challenges out there today for the Hadoop ecosystem. They focus largely on building user tools and applications for other teams to use, most of these are built on top of Yarn utilizing Apache Spark as well as other cutting edge technologies.
They are also the engine that drives a fully functional world class data warehouse on top of Hadoop, this means providing tools to define data cubes and syncing high load of data from a processing Hadoop to other systems using in-house built Applications.
Day to Day:
- You will design, build, test and deploy scalable and efficient tools and applications to process large amount of data while keeping to the highest standards of testing and code quality
- You will improve scalability, stability, accuracy, speed and efficiency of our existing data systems
- You will build monitoring systems to monitor the data warehouse and other SLA's.
- You will work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify and build tools to automate many large-scale data management / analysis tasks.
If that's the kind of team you want to join, let's talk!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Please note this role open to local and international applications. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available.