Location: Fareham & Gosport
Salary: £14,976 to £17,971 per annum
Enhancement options available for weekend working and sleep-ins. Weekday working options (Monday to Friday, 9 to 5) are also available.
Contract Type: Permanent, Full and Part-Time
To start as soon as possible
The organization is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work alongside people with disabilities across Fareham and Gosport. As a support worker you will be assisting people with a range of disabilities (including learning disabilities and mental health), in their own homes and in the community to live the life they want. You will provide safe, person centred support to promote independent living skills and help make a clients' hopes and wishes a reality. We offer our clients flexible support as a result we have a range of different shift available including day/evening, weekends, and sleep-ins.
The people we support have told us they want people who are fun to be with, and who have a good sense of humour, to help them become more independent and achieve what they need when they need it. As a Support Worker, you will have some experience of managing a caseload, relevant knowledge and skills relating to people with disabilities, and you will be flexible and creative. You will also need to be able to travel within the contract area and have the use of your own vehicle.
The organization has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* Online 24/7 access to your personal rota.
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If you think you have the skills to provide this service, we can't wait to hear from you! Please click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to make sure that this is the right position for you.
If you are successful during this initial screening you will be invited to an assessment and interview, the date of which will be agreed at this point. Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for interview and assessment, so don't delay, apply today!
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers, called Premier Crew. If this is something that interests you please ring for more details.