Senior Finance Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast track business whose brand and International presence has gone from strength to strength.
The company work closely with a well-established portfolio of International customers, managed by a number of key regional hubs across the UK and Europe
The Senior Finance Manager will play a pivotal role in supporting the Director of Finance and Key International stakeholders. Working within Group Finance, this role is responsible for the provision of technical accounting support to Group Finance, Tax, Treasury, Regional Finance and the wider business.
This is excellent chance for a forward thinking proactive individual to make a real impact on the future direction of the company. The role will also involve a large element of process improvement and stakeholder engagement and requires an individual with a strong technical background in practice and previous exposure to a fast paced international business.
The role will include but not be restricted to the following:-
- Provide technical accounting support to Group Finance, Tax, Treasury, Regional Finance and the wider business, as appropriate.
- Understand and assess the implications of new or proposed changes to accounting standards, changes to Group Accounting Policies.
- Manage the adoption and implementation of new or proposed changes to accounting policies with close interaction with other areas of the business to ensure
- Policies, processes, systems, reporting and management understanding is updated appropriately.
- Provide regular updates or technical briefings on external and Group accounting developments to the Finance team and wider business.
- Develop and manage a process to assess the accounting requirements for new contracts and amendments to existing contracts and update accounting policies if appropriate.
- Assess accounting consequences of investment proposals
- Work closely with the Accounting & Reporting team and other departments to ensure accurate and timely delivery of certain half-year and year-end internal and external deliverables.
- Assist in the preparation of the financial reporting disclosures for the Interim and Annual Group financial statements.
- Prepare modelling and analysis for the half yearly and annual impairment reviews.
- Review separate financial statements operating subsidiaries to ensure consistency with Group accounting policies, taking into account differences between local GAAP and legislation versus IFRS.
The business require an ACA/ ACCA qualified accountant who is graduate calibre and has a strong technical background including up to date IFRS and experience of US GAAP. You will be a fast track high performer with a proven track record of delivering improvements to core accounting, internal processes and external relationships. This is an opportunity that requires a progressive individual keen to make their mark on a business with a bright future. The business offer a competitive salary package and strong career prospects.