Assistant Quantity Surveyor
7 days left
- Full Time
Assistant QS - McG12030217 - Watford - Hertfordshire - £22k to £25k + 25 Days Holiday + Discretionary Bonus
Qualifications - Degree qualified (Desirable), Graduate, or relevant industry related qualification or experience
Sectors: Commercial, Construction & Logistics.
Type of Projects: Commercial & Residential
An award winning construction logistics company is seeking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to help provide support to a fast growing commercial team, who have recently won several high profile tenders on landmark projects, within central London and the Southern Home counties.
The successful Assistant Quantity Surveyor will be supporting the Commercial Manager to provide a full commercial service to a wide range of clients and projects, including:
- Maintaining QS files and filing system;
- Assisting in performing risk, value management and cost control;
- Assisting in preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Become competent in commercial site procedures, systems, cost control, variations of contract and methods of measurement;
- Compiling Application for Payments to client
- Negotiation with sub-contractors, clients representatives etc.;
- Attending Client Commercial Meeting (agreeing VO's, AFP queries etc.);
- Maintaining all registers (Variation, Correspondence etc.);
- Ad hoc duties as job required.
- Proficient in general IT applications such as MS Office, with particular emphasis on the management and manipulation of spreadsheets in Excel.
- High degree of commercial awareness