Payroll Administrator paying up to £30,000
Your new company
You will be working for an interesting and exciting business based locally to High Wycombe.
Your new role
Working within a small finance team, your new position will be to ensure you provide a professional and efficient payroll service to ensure that all staff are paid correctly and on time. Some of your duties will be as followed:
- Understand and advise on payroll legislation within the UK and overseas also including Schedule D, SSP and SMP payments.
- Monthly calculation and payment of UK and overseas salaries
- Monthly calculation of casual/freelance taxable staff
- Monthly calculation, payment and administration of the Pension scheme
- Ensure that overtime and other extra duty payments are calculated correctly and authorised and paid as appropriate
- Ensure that all payroll payments/amendments are given prompt attention
- Ensure that year end returns are completed correctly and within specified timescales
- Ensure that payroll accounts balance at the end of each payroll, year end, posting to the accounts nominal ledger via excel/finance package
- Ensure data entered is up to date
- Supply payroll reports
- Assist staff with queries and tax returns
- Administer the company sick scheme, monitor sick pay entitlements and provide monthly absence reports to the Heads of Departments to identify trends.
- All other admin tasks as requested by the Director of Finance
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have have proven payroll experience and a reasonable standard of general education in GCSE English and Maths. You must be able to communicate with people at all levels and be able to cope well under pressure and the skills to multi-task. Ability to prioritise in a practical way and work to deadlines is essential. You must be able to work with discretion on a basis of confidentiality and use your own initiative to get tasks completed.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will secure a position within a growing business and develop your own career further. You will receive a competitive annual salary as well as other company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.