Care and Support Coordinator
Care and Support Coordinator (X4)
Camden Learning Disabilities Supported Living Service (North Patch) x 1
Tower Hamlets - Learning Disability Supported Living Services & Outreach Service x 3
Posts are Full-time - 38 hours per week
£22,000 per annum
Job Ref: CSC2015
About the organization
For over 40 years, the organization has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people in London. Set up by parents of disabled children looking for alternatives to institutional care provision, the organization has grown from strength-to-strength. We believe in engaging, enabling and empowering, supporting the people we support to make positive choices and take advantage of good opportunities.
Camden Learning Disabilities Supported Living Services
The broader Camden learning disabilities supported living services provide support and care to up to 36 individuals with Learning Disabilities across 11 services. The Support Coordinator will work mainly across 2 small services within the Tufnell Park / Kentish Town area each housing 3 people with learning disabilities as well as overseeing a small outreach support service to customers.
Tower Hamlets - Learning Disability Supported Living Services & Outreach Service
Our outreach and supported living teams support people from different cultures and backgrounds across Tower Hamlets, and while the service specializes in learning disability the people you support might also use a wheelchair or need support around their mental health and wellbeing. We currently have support coordinator vacancies in our services which are based near Whitechapel and Mile End.
About the role
* Based in the services you will manage, develop and motivate support workers to be positive and enthusiastic about their work and to deliver high quality and personalised support.
* There will be a mixture of front line support delivery as well as supervisory responsibilities for frontline support workers.
* By coordinating the rota you will enable support hours to be used creatively and flexibly to meet the needs of the people we support.
* You will lead on developing support plans and risk assessments that reflect people's needs, preferences and aspirations; creating a culture where plans are actively implemented and reviewed so that people are supported in the way that they want. Allocating tasks to the team as needed.
* You will support customers to have choice and control over their lives and to live healthy fulfilled and socially engaged and independent lives where they are able. You will work with services in the local area in order to promote opportunities for customers.
* Supported by a Service Manager you will work with our Quality and Involvement Teams to deliver a service that meets and aims to exceed the expectations of the people we support, their funders and the local authority.
You will share our values and passion to engage, enable and empower our customers to lead the lives they want. Using your experience of working in a similar setting you will have developed the skills you need to engage and motivate a team to provide creative and flexible services that make a positive difference to people's lives. You will have strong communication and IT skills as well as excellent organisational skills. You will be able to use your initiative and be willing to work in innovative ways and be able to work effectively in partnership with other agencies as well as being able to network with stakeholders.
This role will also involve working shifts, evenings, weekends and bank holidays as well as some sleep ins.
We also offer
* 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time applications)
* A contributory pension scheme
* A scheme that enables you to purchase additional annual leave
* A free life insurance.
To apply, please click 'Apply' and ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent an application pack for this vacancy.
The organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services for successful candidates. This will be fully subsidised by the organization. We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.