Payroll Manager/ Sage experienced bookkeeper
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a very reputable Accountancy Practice who is based in Bishop’s Stortford. My client is looking for a Payroll Manager who will be responsible for all client contact and ensuring all payrolls is processed on time. You will need to be confident and good at dealing with all types of people. My client would expect you to manage their holiday cover from within their team, all of whom have extensive payroll experience themselves. My client is looking for someone who, once integrated, can run the payroll function with minimal outside support. My client would also consider a full-time Sage experienced bookkeeper.
- Processing approximately 200 payrolls per month using Sage payroll. Most of them (probably 2/3 to ¾) are very simple repetitive one or two employee payrolls. The majority of the rest have less than ten employees but there are a handful of larger ones and a few weekly.
- Processing would involve:
- Chasing clients for salary figures (where variable)
- Processing salaries and providing clients with net pay figures and payslips and advising on PAYE liability amount and payment deadline.
- Adjusting tax codes as advised by HMRC.
- Assisting clients with payroll related queries.
- Submitting payroll information electronically to HMRC (known as RTI)
- Assisting clients with self-employed construction workers in submitting the similar electronic monthly returns (training will be given on this if candidate is unfamiliar)
- Experienced in sage payroll
- Work on own initiative
- able to work to deadlines
- be a team player
Salary £18,000pa to £22,000pa dependent on experience and my client provides medical insurance, free paking and an excellent working envirnment.
Hours of work Full time 9am -5pm with standard holiday allowance.