Cameron James is delighted to partnering with a very successful Wakefield based manufacturing business in the recruitment of a Financial Controller position.
Our client, who has been trading for over 30 years, during which time they have built an impressive of clients, are looking for an experienced, commercially focussed finance professional to lead their finance function.
This is a senior position, responsible for the day to day management of the finance function, ensuring that all financial statements and regulatory filings are submitted timely in line with current regulations.
- Be responsible for the daily operations of the finance function including managing and continuing to develop the finance team.
- Oversee and regularly review all accounting procedures and systems.
- Preparation and monitoring of cash flow forecasts and prepare monthly financial reports.
- Meet with the Board of Directors regularly to keep them informed and to offer direction to the company`s planning and strategy.
- Manage relationships with all external financial contacts.
- Manage all aspects of company tax compliance - VAT returns, corporation tax payments, annual tax returns (P60, P35, P11D etc.)
- Preparation of Intrastat and EEC Sales Returns.
- Year-end audit and statutory accounts compliance.
- Be qualified to CIMA / ACCA / ACA level.
- Knowledge of Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll.
- Have experience of dealing with foreign currency transactions (receipts, payments and forward contracts)
- Have used an MRP system
- Experience of working in a similar level management role.
- Modern IT systems proficiency, including MS Office.
- Ability to produce management accounts from trial balance information and statutory accounts up to pre-audit level.