My client, a market leading electronics manufacturer based in Redhill, are seeking an experienced Buyer to join their Procurement function.
The role is ideally for someone with 1-4 years experience and seeking progression within a global organisation.
This role is responsible for providing Supply Chain and Procurement support in respect to goods and services required by the company, as well as delivering cost and performance objectives, including supplier performance monitoring, expediting and procurement forecasting to ensure the requirements of internal customers and production forecasts are met.
Location - Redhill
Salary - £27,000 - 32,000
Key responsibilities for the position of Buyer / Purchaser :
* Raise Purchase Orders/Requisitions ensuring a high level of accuracy.
* Maintain and ensure accurate procurement reporting functionality.
* Application of given performance management criteria for suppliers, review and report / escalate issues to line management contributing to improvement activity as directed, applying given problem solving and corrective action tools.
* Comply with and implement given processes and procedures necessary to ensure the effective selection, maintenance and development of suppliers within your remit.
* Monitor and report cost movements and other performance issues to line management identifying net impacts (positive & negative) and proposed mitigation / recovery activity.
* Ensure Procurement logistics requirements are met in conjunction with suppliers and/or the internal logistics department.
* Resolution of Payment/accounts queries.
* Comply with functional Competency Matrix requirements for the role, engaging with development programmes as required to meet that profile as required by, agreed by line management.
* Expediting of supplier order confirmations and promised delivery dates/lead times to ensure accurate MRP runs and contributing to supplier management
* Expediting of deliveries with Suppliers for outstanding PO's and ensuring supplier milestones are met.
* Maintaining database of outstanding orders/expediting requirements.
* Internal cross functional expediting to meet procurement requirements and ensure compliance of purchased goods/services
* Liaise with Finance regarding low level payment/invoice issues.
Key Skills required for the Buyer / Purchaser position :
-1-4 years experience within a purchasing / buying role
- Experience in supplier relationship management, performance monitoring and contractual obligations.
- A proven track record in working to; and meeting SLA's.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office and experience in ERP/MRP systems essential
- Proven ability to understand and manipulate complex data sets.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK