Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker
6 days left
- Full Time
Domestic Violence and Abuse Workers
Full time - 40 hours per week
North Hampshire - Hart & Rushmoor & Basingstoke
Salary - £18,501 FTE
Availability - to start as soon as possible
The Organization is a provider of Support, Care and Advice Services. We work alongside people to gain the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
This is an amazing opportunity for highly motivated and innovative people to join our Integrated Domestic Violence and Abuse Service. We are looking to recruit for the role of Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker. The DVA Workers are part of a team providing practical and emotional support to women, men and children experiencing domestic abuse across the county of Hampshire.
The successful applicant will cover the North Hampshire areas of Hart and Rushmoor and Basingstoke. Due to the nature of the work being a car driver with a car for work is essential for these posts.
DVA Workers proactively "in-reach" support to people living in refuge and provide outreach support across their allocated area to people living in social, private, temporary or owner occupier accommodation. Support Workers will also be involved in assessments, drop ins, campaigns, awareness raising events and group work.
We are looking for a person who has experience of:
* living, working or volunteering with male and female victims of domestic abuse
* risk management, needs led assessment and support planning
* homelessness legislation and welfare benefits/welfare reform
* working effectively in partnership with others
and who can:
* be person centred at all times
* work flexibly to meet the needs of the service and clients which will include evenings and weekends (as required)
* act with integrity, be trustworthy and treat people with dignity and respect
* remain calm when dealing with a crisis or emergency
* ensure all support paperwork, process and risk assessments are completed systematically within the service timescales, confidentiality and in plain English
* ensure clients are at the forefront when making decisions about service design and delivery
* work to raise awareness of the service, produce good publicity materials, develop and maintain excellent relationships with people both within YOU and externally, and be an ambassador and champion for our work
Our clients have told us that they want the post holder to:
* be approachable but also firm and fair
* listen to the client, work with the client
* always be realistic with clients, be honest and patient
* but mostly be HUMAN
If you would like to find out more about the role or take the first step in our application process please call Lucy on
Lucy will talk to you about the service and ask you a few key questions to help assess your suitability for the role
Please note we will select the first suitable applicants for assessment, so don't delay.