My Client a Global Leading Media Business in London is looking for a Revenue Analyst to join their head office team.
Reporting to the Commercial Accountant the Revenue Analyst will be responsible for:
- Forecast and recognise and report revenue in line with IFRS, UK & US GAAP, maintaining revenue trackers for each client within portfolio on an ongoing basis.
- To complete client time and cost reconciliations.
- Be prepared to support Business Partners and forge effective relationships with account teams and colleagues within Finance Department.
- Understand client contract and fee agreement to ensure that terms are followed. Maintaining the objective that WiP should be in a positive position wherever contractually possible.
- Ensure that the client PO's received are sent out to the business and correctly coded and billed out.
- Assist the Commercial Accountant by providing data reports, to ensure timely and accurate reporting of Financial and Commercial information to internal stakeholders
- Assist Commercial Accountants and Senior Management in the preparation of Quarterly Forecasts and annual Budget
- Request the Billers to raise client credit notes where appropriate, ensuring that this practice is kept to a minimum and that necessary sign off and client approval has been secured before doing so and that the credit notes, together with all back-up, are maintained in the on-line credit note register for the relevant business unit.
- Together with the Commercial Accountant ensure that a statement of credit WiP has been sent to the client on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the Billers to ensure that purchase invoices received without the appropriate purchase orders are coded quickly and accurately.
- Maintain accurate files and records for Business, Statutory and Internal Audit purposes files of day to day documents and month end reports as required.
- Maintain accurate client and job records on Maconomy, regularly updating the master data file for clients and suppliers.
- Complete quarterly credit checks on clients to make sure that credit limits are valid.
- Understand VAT and the implications of the reverse charge rules.
- Manage hedging process for any foreign currency invoices raised for the clients which fall under your portfolio.
- Maintain clean and accurate records by facilitating the billers to ensure the prompt submission and approval of timesheets, the closing of superfluous purchase orders and the prompt closure of fully complete and reconciled jobs.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of three years' experience within an Accounts team as a Revenue Analyst. Candidates will be part qualified in either ACCA / CIMA qualification. Candidates will be positive, enthusiastic and have the ambition and drive to take on new challenges and have commercial influence on the Agency itself.