Middle Office Analyst (Risk)
6 days left
- Full Time
Our Client is a successful, established global Commodity Trading company based in London
An Oil Risk Analyst is required to perform daily risk reporting tasks, and to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the risks associated with the physical trading books. Additionally, they will provide general assistance to the risk manager.
- Preparation and distribution of P&L and exposure reporting to traders and senior management.
- Explain the daily P&L swings
- Preparation and distribution of Value at Risk reports, advising management of any limit breach and the potential action to be taken.
- Daily validation of forward curves
- Maintenance of system referential data
- Development and improvement of risk reporting tools, metrics and measures.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level or degree level qualification, ideally in a highly numerate subject such as mathematics (statistics).
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Advanced Excel skills with good VBA & SQL programming skill. Other programming languages would be an added bonus.
- The ability to communicate clearly and build a good working relationship with traders and senior management is a must.
- Candidates should be numerate with a good understanding of oil markets
- Around 3 years’ experience in a commodities trading environment, with exposure to both physical and financial sides of the business.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of physical pricing risk, identify exposures and advise on the hedging.