Trade Support Engineer Linux Python
Trade Support Engineer (Linux Python) London to £75k
Trade Support Engineer / Technical Operations Engineer (Linux Python Network). Opportunity for a bright, technology enthusiast to join a massively profitable, technology driven electronic trading firm.
As a Trade Support Engineer you will manage and support the business critical trading infrastructure including managing the hand-over from the US, starting at 0630 daily (finishing at 1530). You’ll be working with cutting edge technologies on highly transactional systems, deploying applications, managing databases and getting involved with systems at low level including hardware. This is a technically challenging role in which you will tackle difficult problems; you’ll be working closely with one other who is an expert in their field and will receive valuable mentoring.
You’ll be working in a technology driven environment without the red-tape of most financial institutions. Stylish City based offices with a “start-up” feel, casual dress code and a collaborative team environment.
- Passionate technologist with an inquisitive nature
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Strong Python scripting / coding skills
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN/WAN and other networking protocols
- Pro-active, self-managing and able to take ownership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Degree educated, Computer science or similar technical / engineering discipline
- Must be able to start 0630 daily
- Ideally you will have experience of configuring and managing low-latency, high-availability systems
As a Trade Support Engineer / Technical Operations Engineer you can expect to earn a competitive salary (£50k to £75k, dependant on skillset and depth of experience) plus bonus and benefits.
Send your CV or call 020 7090 2575 for a confidential discussion about this Trade Support Engineer / Technical Operations Engineer opportunity.