Sous Chef (Second Chef)
Welcome to GOLDSTAR CHEFS recruitment agency and sponsor licensing specialists. (www.goldstarchefs.co.uk). We specialise in placing skilled chefs like you into attractive jobs in Asian cuisine establishments throughout UK. These include luxury fine dining, casual dining, gourmet multi cuisine buffet and street food restaurant concepts, who choose Goldstar Chefs to find them quality Chefs and hospitality staff. We also source Chefs for prestige event catering organisations.
Are you a creative, passionate and dedicated professional Chef? Do you have outstanding skills? Do want to be better recognised and appreciated for your skills and experience? Is it time for a better quality of work life? Are you ready for a fresh opportunity to progress your career and earn more money? Great, then YOU are the Chef we want for a successfully established and well known fine dining Indian restaurant based in Central London who are seeking a Sous Chef.
You will have the required level of skills and knowledge for overseeing the preparation, cooking and finishing complex made to order authentic North and South Indian dishes. You will also be required to prepare complex marinades, concentrated stock, herb & spice blends, and ingredient fusions.
You will be working under our Head Chef and be in charge of a team of junior Chefs, you will be involved in planning for range of specialist dishes from our established menus, and work in conjunction with other Chefs and our Culinary Designer. You will be in charge of all kitchen management in the absence of the Head Chef and will be responsible for management of food and ingredient supplies, and related budgetary controls and targets. You will also be involved in the training and supervising of junior chefs.
Further duties will include monitoring and management of food waste, negotiating with suppliers on price, quality, availability and delivery of supplies, and dealing with main stock ordering, rotation quality checks, implementing and ensuring compliance of hygiene and health & safety guidelines. You will also regulate and monitor food temperatures, and assist in cost analysis and review, and preparing reports and schedules, performing key duties as assigned.
To qualify for selection you must meet the following minimum requirements: -
- Eligibility to live and work in UK
- High level culinary creativity and competency in preparation of authentic North Indian dishes originating from Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujrat, Jaipur and Kashmir regions and South Indian dishes originating from Kerala, Goa and Chennai regions. You will also be expected to familiar with West Bengal dishes
- Adept at the handling, care and maintenance of specialist ethnic food preparation equipment
- Experience and ability to manage kitchen operation, and maintaining stock room flow
- 5 to 10 years / extensive previous experience at required skill level to be verified by references
In addition you should also be:-
- ·Hands on, task orientated and resourceful
- ·Customer and business focused
- ·Performance, achievement and results driven
- ·Able to work well with other members of staff.
- ·Able to command respect of management and colleagues
- ·Display leadership, and be motivational and inspirational to junior staff
- ·Possessed with pleasing personality and positive attitude
- ·Willing to assume responsibility
- ·Creative and passionate about authentic North and South Indian cuisine
- ·Willing to do related tasks
- ·A hardworking, fastidious and conscientious individual with high standards of self presentation and orderliness
- ·Self confident with good self image
- ·FAST PACED AND BE ABLE TO WORK UNDER PRESSURE WHILST MAINTAINING AGILITY AND COMPOSURE
So are you all of the above? YES? Then you are the person for the job!!
You will receive an attractive salary package with long term benefits and prospects. Salary range is £25,000 to £30,000 per annum plus performance related bonus (subject to achievement). You will be working 39 to 48 hours within a 5 day week. Your package will include 28 days paid holiday, employer’s pension contribution, Chef’s uniform and meals on duty. Outstanding bonus opportunities and promotion available for exceptional performance and commitment
- ·Does it sound attractive to you?
- ·Do you feel you've got what it takes?
- ·Are you ready for an exciting new challenge?
Then don't hang around, send us your CV NOW with photo and as much detail about yourself as possible and we'll get back to you!
PLEASE ALSO ATTACH A FULL PROFILE OF YOURSELF INCLUDING ANY REFERENCE LETTERS, MENUS & FOOD PICTURES OF DISHES YOU HAVE CREATED. WE RECOMMEND YOU EMAIL US A VIDEO CAM DEMONSTRATION OF YOURSELF
This job is also open to eligible non EEA skilled migrants who are presently in UK however Home Office Visas & Immigration (UKVI) policy guidance stipulates we must attempt to recruit UK/EEA settled workers in the local labour market before offering job to a non EEA migrant.
Please note responses to this vacancy must be by EMAIL ONLY. Please do NOT send by post. Please ensure attach your CV with a headshot photo and covering email letter to the email address give. Due to expected volume of responses we are unable to deal with phone enquires so please do NOT call . We will contact short listed candidates by phone or email for interviewing arrangements.
Closing date 03.03.2017