Interim Head of Logistics
A leading 3PL business are looking to recruit an interim Head of Logistics to support the organisation through change due to growth to be based near Milton Keynes.
About the Interim Head of Logistics:
- As Interim Head of Logistics you will have total responsibility for all on site operational activity (Weekly/Monthly/Annually) on a closed book contract
- Managing teams of FTE's in the region of 300
- Establishing a positive working culture, driving high levels of colleague engagement and retention to manage the business through change
- Managing the relationship with the recognised trade unions on site
- Accountable for setting and achieving budgetary and operational/contractual KPI's
- Promoting & implementing Lean initiatives/methodologies.
- Driving the Health and Safety agenda
- Ensuring site compliance with Company policy and all other legal and ethical obligations
- Managing/Sponsoring Ad hoc projects on site
Skills and Experience:
With a recognised logistics management career to date; you will have proven success within a 3PL/Inhouse retail or FMCG environment at a senior management level.
- You will have a consistent record of delivering a consistently high operational performance within agreed budget/contractual expectations
- You will be financially and commercially aware in order to translate business needs to achieve the measured results
- You will need to have extensive experience of managing a large diverse work force in a time critical environment requiring demanding levels of productivity and accuracy in line with contract requirements
- Strong understanding working within a 3PL environment and notably within food retail sector would be desirable (Multi-temp chambers)
- Experience managing key customer accounts and stakeholders, negotiating SLA's and achieving high target
- Proven track record to hit the ground running as this is an Interim role with the ability to implement positive change quickly
- Understanding of LEAN initiatives & principles is advantageous
- Experience of optimising warehouse workflows/WMS
- Demonstrably high levels of financial and commercial acumen
- Natural leadership qualities, previously managing significantly large teams through times of change
- H&S Qualifications (IOSH/Desirable)
To be successful you will have in-depth knowledge of the logistics industry, strong commercial/ financial acumen, high energy levels, and excellent customer relationship skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading logistics organisation.
Apply today if you are interested in the Interim Head of Logistics role by emailing your CV to or call Neil Morgan directly on 0161 2147427 to find out more.