Group Reporting Manager - Amazing opportunity
Group Reporting Manager – ACA Qualified Accountant
SUPERB CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Superb salary plus package depending on experience
The role is to lead and develop a central reporting team and will work very closely with all areas of finance including head office and subsidiary finance teams. The Group Reporting Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Manage UK group reporting process - Responsible for monthly, quarterly & annual reporting of actuals, forecasts & budgets for UK group - including consolidation, adjustments, elimination entries, preparation & submission of full reporting pack, detailed analysis & commentary, liaising with group subsidiary controller
- Manage statutory accounts process - manage process of preparation, review and timely delivery of approx. 100 companies of various sizes annually and take through full audit process to completion, working with financial accountant and subsidiary finance teams.
- Work closely with UK head office and subsidiary finance teams - to ensure compliance with all reporting requirements, understanding of financial results, assist with reporting and technical queries etc
- Manage Audit process - be primary point of contact for the audit team and manage the annual audit process for both group reporting and statutory accounts including complexities of a large group with multiple systems and office locations.
- Accounting policies / treatments - monitoring & enforcing accounting policies, dealing with changes in accounting standards and assessing impact on the business, determine accounting treatment for new or one-off transactions such as acquisitions. Key project for 2016 will be the conversion to new UK GAAP.
- Full review of all statutory accounts within the UK group - for consistency and to consider if any improvements can be made
- Tax - Provide financial information to UK Tax Manager / tax advisors for preparation of corporation tax returns. Assist Tax Manager with review of financial information in draft returns.
- Financial process - reviews / audits of financial processes and controls within UK group, monitoring compliance with policies, designing and implementing process improvements etc.
- National Statistics Office Reporting - numerous monthly, quarterly and annual surveys for UK group e.g. Turnover, wages & Salaries, P&L, Inward Investment, Capital Expenditure, Foreign trade etc
- PACT & Broadcast Annual surveys - collation of financial information and completion of surveys for UK group
- Line manage Financial Accountant - working with the Financial Reporting Manager on all aspects of group and statutory reporting
- Maintain master list / Calendar of all UK group companies/ divisions - to monitor and ensure compliance with all statutory deadlines
- Other ad hoc reporting and analysis requirements
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following key requirements: An ACA/IFRS or CMA qualified accountant, ideally with a big 10 background and a minimum of 6-7 years post qualified experience, ideally in a similar in house role
- Very strong management skills -able to manage multiple work-streams, to tight deadlines with numerous different sources of input, including managing up with regards to review process etc.
- Ability to cope in a busy and demanding work environment with regular & conflicting deadlines
- Experience of accounts consolidation for a medium or large group including eliminations, adjustments, disclosures etc
- Proven track record of delivering statutory accounts for a large number of companies accurately, on time and through the audit process
- Experience of financial process reviews / audits - Ability to identify and suggest areas for improvement.
- Working knowledge of UK tax principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to work with all levels of management and both UK and Group finance
- Strong analytical skills - ability to analyse and interpret the key trends that affect the business as a whole
- An organised and self-motivated individual - able to work independently and take responsibility for monitoring and ensuring all reporting deadlines are met.
If interested in superb career opportunity please forward your CV to Anna Maguire