Finance Manager - ACCA or CIMA
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/04855
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 p.a.
Purpose of the Role
The Finance Manager will oversee finance, accounts & treasury. In their capacity as Finance Manager they will manage and have discretion over the day-to-day operations of the finance department. In this managerial capacity, he will direct a team which includes MBAs, & graduates. He will have the authority to make recommendations for hiring team members, their promotions and any other personnel actions that are in accordance with the personnel policies and in the best interest of the organization.
Main Area of Responsibility
2. Oversee the day to day inflow and outflow of cash flow and prepare cash flow projections for the company:·Manage the cash flow requirements for the company’s’ ongoing projects·Ascertain the company’s project finance requirements and ensure that projects are adequately financed and executed in a timely manner.·Ascertain the company’s project collections and ensure the timely collection of the receivables.·Manage the treasury cash flow operations on a day to day basis.·Forecast the future cash flow requirements of the company and design financial strategies to meet the future cash flow demand.·Review the cash flow statements prepared by subordinate team members.
3. Prepare and review financial analysis reports:·Discuss the financial statement and analysis reports with the Regional Director European Operations.·Make suggestions to improve the quality of financial information in the financial statements.·Review the management information system reports prepared by team members.
4. Manage the development and execution of risk management policies:·Design risk management policies to mitigate business and financial risk.·Design hedging strategies for foreign exchange risk management and ensure that all·transactions are hedged in accordance with the company’s foreign exchange risk policy.·Ensure the timely compliance of terms and conditions in financial agreements.·Direct the subordinate team members in executing the risk management policies of the company.
5. Review and Recommend strategies for achieving the company’s financial goals:·Develop and set the financial goals for the company in consultation with the Regional Director European Operations.·Discuss financial goals with subordinate team members and set individual goals for them.·Recommend and implement financial policies in the best interest of the company.·Review financial activities to increase efficiency and reduce cost.
6. Review the work of team members and Mentor them from time to time:·Review the work of subordinate team members to ensure that they are executing financial transactions effectively and efficiently.·Mentor subordinate team members from time to time about various financial strategies and processes.·Ensure that subordinate team members undertake adequate training sessions to keep up with industry standards.·Make recommendations for other personal policies in the best interests of the organisation.
Fully Qualified Accountant
Experience within a Senior Finance role is essential
A people-orientated manager – developing and maximising the existing team is critical
Adept at developing systems and processes to improve the quality of information and general efficiency of the department