Purchase Ledger Clerk
The Clients finance department needs a new Purchase Ledger Clerk. The function is planning a large number of changes during the next year to automate and simplify most processes within the function. You will be at the forefront of these changes and allow flexibility for them to occur, hence the company are open to looking at someone coming into finance with a strong academic background or an experienced head able to hit the ground running
My Client operates in the Banking and Technology industry and are based in Cambridge. They have achieved success by developing the core business, that enable them to offer their customers a range of innovative solutions at a transparent and fair cost.
Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) they like to lead the way and were one of the first market movers to utilise technology so effectively.
Purchase Ledger Clerk duties and responsibilities;
- Cash and bank management
- Management of the Operational Cash accounts
- Maintaining operational bank cashbooks (multi-currency)
- Posting cashbooks into SAP (multi-currency)
- Reconciling bank accounts (multi-currency)
- Inputting payments and transfers from the operational bank accounts
- Accounting and controlling for invoices and expenses
- Posting invoices to SAP
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Preparing weekly payment runs
- Checking of staff expenses
- Posting month-end journals for pre-payments and accruals
- Scanning and filing of invoices and bank statements
- Administration of Company Corporate Credit Cards
- Cover for other team members whilst on leave (primarily reconciliations)
They are seeking someone who is a team player with great interpersonal skills. It is important that you are able to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment. Previous experience working as an Accounts Payable Clerk in a similar organisation would be a bonus, with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
They are a fair employer based in Cambridge who believes strongly in a close relationship between performance and reward. They have generous benefits package including bonus, life assurance, pension, health care and free parking. This Purchase Ledger Clerk offers good career progression for the right individual