The Technology division of Exsurgo is recruiting a Database Administrator for a global fashion Retailer near Waterloo, London. This is an opportunity to work with a multiple award-winning British retailer to deliver a programme of work focused on database management and software solutions to align their business system strategy.
This Database Administrator position will be varied as you will have the opportunity to work alongside various senior stakeholders in order to optimise & improve their SQL architecture and related infrastructure operations. Reporting to the Global Head of Infrastructure you will play a key part in ensuring the IT Services continue to experience high availability and stability.
This role requires a technology enthusiast with strong technical, organisational and analytical skills. You will be responsible for ensuring that the SQL architecture is performant, secure and stable. You will be expected to troubleshoot and resolve third line incidents and problems across the IT architecture.
This role will also own the software development change and release process. You will be expected to lead on database related projects.
Although this position is based in London. Occasional travel will be required to Europe and their DC and Contact Centre.
In order to be considered for this Database Administrator position, you will have to show demonstrable exposure to the following:
- You will have significant experience as a DBA and knowledge of the infrastructure that the databases reside on.
- Solid understanding of virtualisation, SAN and Microsoft server technologies
- MS SQL Server 2012, 2014 database administration and maintenance
- Working knowledge of performance tuning and capacity planning
- Experience implementing and maintaining replication and always-on technology
- SQL Server security management and auditing
- Full understanding of SQL Server backup and recovery procedures
- Configuring SQL Server monitoring utilities
- Experience working with large, highly available, and/or high-transaction databases
- Experience managing changes and releases driven by the development teams
This opportunity is offering a base salary of between £50,000 - £53,000 per annum, 15% bonus & package.
Successful candidates will be contacted about this role and similar roles.
Connect with us. Follow us on Twitter @exsurgo_group or LinkedIn to hear about our other roles and more!