The role and duties
My client is actively recruiting a Design Manager to join their team for a main contractor based in Enfield. the design manager will be based on site and responsible for the development and delivery of all design aspects of the project. This is to include managing the project design to ensuring it is compliant with the full design brief, including budget and finish.
- Lead and manage the development and delivery of the design aspects of the project.
- Acquire deep understanding of the design brief such as the Employer's Requirements and the Contractor's Proposals. Manage to ensure the project design is in compliance with them.
- Establish and reinforce a professional and respectful working environment with the external consultants and our internal project team.
- Develop and manage the project document control systems
- Identify and manage the design related project risks.
- Identify design driven opportunities for the project.
- Manage and obtain design approvals from the authorities and the client.
- Prepare reports on the project design that are accurate and on time.
- Ensure build ability, cost effectiveness and a high standard of finish
- Establish, monitor and manage the design program.
- Appoint the consultants by preparing their respective scope of services and negotiate the fees.
- Utilise specialist suppliers to manage the installation design.
- Be the point of contact for design issues with all parties and provide technical assistance on design variations, obtaining approval from stakeholders.
- Assist in the compilation of the project handover documentation.
- Contribute to future bids on projects
- Mentor other members of the design team.
You will have
- Prior construction management experience or Architectural or M&E qualifications
- Industry experience, track record of successful projects either internally or externally.
- In-depth knowledge of the design and construction process, both refurbishment and fit out.
- Understanding of the pre-construction process. Experience of organising and managing the design phase of a project.
- Experience of being involved in at least one large project.
- Experience with high specification of finishes including glazed partitions, bespoke joinery and ceilings, stone, catering facilities.
£45K-£60K + package
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Daniela Vasiliu on